Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Cat Missing !!!

Options
  • 17-11-2006 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

One of our cats has been missing since 3:00pm yesterday :eek: ... He's not old and he's a fairly tough cat. Up until 2 months ago we had 3 had but one passed with old age (13). My sister is very upset as it could be possible that he won't come back. We don't leave near any major roadways just a quiet area and he usually just stays around the local area.

Any advice/ideas? should we start ringing the cat home places? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Maybe he's chasing after a Queen (female) in season; if this is the case he may go missing for a week or so and then return quite happy. Male (unneutered) cats over two years of age often go "missing" every now and then and come home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

This is what worked for me:

- put lots of posters up around the place (I tracked my cats movements that way, but was always too late to see him; some gobshytes also started ringing my mobile and sending me on a wild goosechase though)
    - call ISPCA/DSPCA and other shelters every day
    - call the council, speak to the litter warden/dept and get them to keep an eye out (unfortunately for roadkill, but they do log what they find)
    - keep an eye on the papers, and put an ad in the Northside/Southside People
    - go out every afternoon/night and whistle like an eejit
    - check out the lost & found URLs in this forum (in the stickies)

I found my cat after 6 weeks (he wandered the place, and found himself a new home (the b0llix); the people who took him in put an ad up which I saw; unfortunately he wasn't brought to a vet, as that would have been the quickest return to me as the cat has a microchip)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Get him a collar with a little id holder,if he comes back.

Advertisement