Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New laptop thoughts?

• 17-11-2006 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm recently arrived down in Australia and want to buy a laptop to see me through the year - primarily for playing online poker, surfing the net and watching DVDs, but I would love to fit some gaming in if I could. What games could the following machine handle decently?:
    - AMD Turion 64 MK-36 2.0GHz, 512MHz cache single core CPU
    - 1GB ram
    - ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256MB graphics chip (review here: http://laptoplogic.com/resources/detail.php?id=45&page=2 - I'm damned if I can understand their conclusions!)

Deus Ex? Call of Duty? Painkiller?

Also, if I take this back to dear old Ireland with me, what do I need to purchase power supply-wise?

Thanks for any thoughts on this :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

your prob better off asking in the laptop forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

VinnyL wrote:
    your prob better off asking in the laptop forum
    Indeed, moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The X1150 is an integrated graphics chip but the best available so far in the integrated market.

It will run those games you've mentioned at high settings without much bother.

The X1150 can actually run BF2142 smoothly at low settings, a pretty good acheivement for an integrated solution. If the games you've mentioned are all you plan playing, then the X1150 is perfectly adequate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

ionapaul wrote:
    Also, if I take this back to dear old Ireland with me, what do I need to purchase power supply-wise?

Power supply should be fine - just double check it can take 220V. If that is the case, then all you need is an adapter to convert Ossie plugs to Irish plugs.

Advertisement