Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre phone call

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

I was awoken this morning by a call from a guy claiming to be from eircom saying "we have bought meteor and are giving our best customers free meteor handsets".... he wanted to know if he could call to my house to deliever it!
    (How he knew my address is a mystery, I didnt give it, he read it out to me, along with what I think was my eircon account number).

I was kinda dopey and mumbled "Im out today call tomorrow"....... now im wondering what the hell this was all about. Anyone else get anything like this? (Its quite possible I mis-understood somthing, I had only just gone to sleep after 24 hours of awakeness lol) ;)

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Nets & Comms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I was awoken this morning by a call from a guy claiming to be from eircom saying "we have bought meteor and are giving our best customers free meteor handsets".... he wanted to know if he could call to my house to deliever it!
    (How he knew my address is a mystery, I didnt give it, he read it out to me, along with what I think was my eircon account number).

I was kinda dopey and mumbled "Im out today call tomorrow"....... now im wondering what the hell this was all about. Anyone else get anything like this? (Its quite possible I mis-understood somthing, I had only just gone to sleep after 24 hours of awakeness lol) ;)

B

Thats scary !!!!!!.................... the fact you are still with eircon ....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

cgarvey wrote:
    Moved IoffL > Nets & Comms
    (Sorry Cgarvey, dunno how that happened lol, thanks) :)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I had only just gone to sleep after 24 hours of awakeness lol) ;)B
    Sounds like a feckin dream to me. Remember what Fr.Ted said to Fr.Dougal about confusing dreams with reality?

Advertisement