Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new drivin test

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hey
    just wonderin , i ve bein told from some friends that the theory test has changed recently , that u need a new book to prepare ur self.
    now i bought the cd about 1 year ago , i ve bein tellin myself always to go tru it but i never got the time

now im planning of startin , but do u reckon i shall buy the new disc or the old one shall be fine?
    what extra bits will i need to know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

j4vier wrote:
    hey
    just wonderin , i ve bein told from some friends that the theory test has changed recently , that u need a new book to prepare ur self.
    now i bought the cd about 1 year ago , i ve bein tellin myself always to go tru it but i never got the time

now im planning of startin , but do u reckon i shall buy the new disc or the old one shall be fine?
    what extra bits will i need to know?

You should go look at the cd regardless of any changes that may have been made. There is plenty of info out there, do some research its only a click away. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

From www.dtts.ie

REVISED DRIVER THEORY TEST INTRODUCED

Including Revised Questions and a New Motor Cycle and Moped Category:

A major revision of the Driver Theory Test, will come into effect on 21st October 2006.

The changes include:

A revision of existing questions in the Driver Theory Test Question Bank
    An almost 70% increase, from 750 to over 1,250 in the number of questions in the Driver Theory Test Question Bank
    The introduction of a separate theory test for candidates seeking a license for Motorcycles and Mopeds (AM (bike) Category)

The new Test is designed to be a more thorough examination of candidates’ knowledge and understanding of the rules of the road and the safety considerations behind these rules. It will assist them to become safer drivers.

The changes will be introduced on 21st October 2006 and all tests taken from this date will use the revised versions.

Details of the revised Question Bank consisting of 1,250 questions are contained in the new Official Driver Theory Test - Second Edition book and CD which will be available from bookshops across the country from early September 2006 Candidates are encouraged to study the new Question Bank in advance of taking their test.

Under the new changes candidates will be asked questions from the Driver Theory Test Question Bank, which will be increased by almost 70%. The expanded question bank includes a new section on ‘Eco-Driving’ and ‘Hazard Perception’ skills which will test a candidate’s ability to analyse a potentially hazardous situation and select the correct course of action.

The Driver Theory Test Question Bank has also been revised to take account of legislative changes and other changes to the driving environment in this country e.g. expansion of the motorway network, introduction of LUAS light rail, tunnels, 2+1 roads, expansion of the penalty points system and changes in the tacograph regulations which govern rest periods for commercial drivers.

Significantly, and for the first time, there will be a separate Motor Cycle test, reflecting aspects of road usage and safety, specific to this category of vehicle. It will be a mandatory requirement for candidates applying for a Motor Cycle and Mopeds license to sit and pass the Motor Cycles and Mopeds (AM Category) Theory Test. Previously the Motor Cycle and Car drivers Theory tests were combined.

Whilst the new Theory Test will include a wider range of questions and answers, the pass mark for candidates will remain unchanged at 35 questions out of 40.

Candidates are requested to ensure that they select the correct category when booking a theory test eg AM for Motor Cycles and Mopeds when making your booking via:- www.dtts.ie by Phone to 1890 606 106 (Lo-Call rate) 1890 606 806 (Irish Language Line) by Post to DTT PO Box 122 Drogheda, Co Louth.

Details of the revised Question Bank consisting of 1,250 questions are contained in the new Official Driver Theory Test - Second Edition book and CD available from bookshops across the country from early September 2006 Previous editions of the book and CD should not be used.
    There will now be Four categories of Driver Theory Test:

Vehicle Type Category
    Motor cycles and Mopeds
    AM

Cars, Work Vehicles and Land Tractors
    BW

Trucks & Commercial Vehicles - Over 3,500 kg
    C

Buses & Passenger Vehicles with over 8 passenger Seats
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

"Previous editions of the book and CD should not be used. "

i guess that bit answers my question.
    just have to make sure that if i get the new one i ll go through it immediately without waitin for 1 year :o

Advertisement