Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

well done brian

• 17-11-2006 7:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

Magee: Winning return

Brian Magee enjoyed a winning start to life as a light-heavyweight with a points victory over Paul David.
    The 31-year-old got the better of his Sheffield opponent 58-56 at the Barnsley Metrodome in his first fight in six months.

The Belfast-born boxer had not been in the ring since losing to British super-middleweight champion Carl Froch.

Now at a new weight, Magee is targetting a title tilt in the near future after his six-round outing against David.

"It was just the kind of fight I needed after six months out and him being a Brendan Ingle fighter I knew he was going to come to fight and try to win," he said.

"I feel so much better at light-heavyweight and this was the start of a new chapter for me.

"I am aiming for the Commonwealth title in January then beyond that to a world title.

"I am not making excuses for the Froch fight but I did not do myself justice that night and the thought of retirement never crossed my mind for a moment."

A sharp right from Magee forced his opponent to take an eight count in the fourth round.

However, the former IBO super-middleweight champion did not have things all his own way as David proved a tricky customer.

Magee finished the fight with a bloody nose after taking some punishment in the closing stages of the contest.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement