Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Line Delivery Donaghmede - Feb 2007

Options
  • 17-11-2006 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I placed an order with my phone conmpany for a new PSTN line to be delivered into an apartment of Main Street in Donaghamede in early Oct and have chased this several times.

I have now been told that due to the large amonut of devlolpments in this area that Eircom are building an RSU(??) to service the Main Street and my new line won't be delivered until around Feb 2007 !!!

Anyone in the area had a similar experience, surely this can't be correct:eek:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

3 months is very very very fast, many wait over a year for this sort of service from eircom.

The bad news is that a remote RSU is in fact a sub exchange of the main exchange in your area ( I think this is Belcamp or Clontarf ) .

You will have no DSL capability in this sub exchange so you had better make sure there is a cable TV package and tha the cable tv company wil supply broadband.

If your cable tv is supplied by a shower called " Sky Conway " I suggest you read through this thread here ( up to end august) and that you be very afraid.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054928212

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I have now been told that due to the large amonut of devlolpments in this area that Eircom are building an RSU(??) to service the Main Street and my new line won't be delivered until around Feb 2007 !!!
    Could be due to 'The Coast' and the zillions of new houses and apartments currently being built, I'm not sure which exchange covers Donaghmede, but Sutton cover Baldoyle.

Advertisement