Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest place to get a key cut

Options
  • 17-11-2006 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Wheres the cheapest place to get a vw polo key cut.its a 1996 model.Is there any place around cabinteely. I heard theres a place in dun loaire but does anyone know the name of that place.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

is that an inner or outer track key?
    if its the inner it's got a chip in it and needs coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some outter track VW keys also have an immobiliser. Check the key blade. If it has the letter W or W3 on it then it has an immobiliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

The key just says AH on it nothing else. I think its just a normal key. It doesnot have an alarm and i donot think it has an immobiliser.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think the place you're thinking of in Dún Laoghaire is called Browne Bros, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AH is the standard profile VW key. You can get the key cut in most locksmiths. You'll soon know whether or not it has an immobiliser....................

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote:
    I think the place you're thinking of in Dún Laoghaire is called Browne Bros, hope this helps.
    thats exactly the one.i will find the details on the net.if you have a number that would be great.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Would 1996 Polos (or VWs for that matter) have had keys with chips in them?

AH keys are just the bog standard keys which you can get cut at any key-cutters, unless you are wearing a balaclava and carrying a bag with the word 'SWAG' printed on it.

Would 1996 Polos (or VWs for that matter) have had keys with chips in them?

AH keys are just the bog standard keys which you can get cut at any key-cutters, unless you are wearing a balaclava and carrying a bag with the word 'SWAG' printed on it.

I will go to a key cutter and see what they say.

Advertisement