Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Branson's autobio - Loosing my Virginity

Options
  • 17-11-2006 12:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Reading Richard Branson's autobio "Loosing my Virginity" at the moment. Have to give it to the man - he does have incredible drive and determination to succeed. His writing style is sparse i.e. he presents the facts and stories surrounding his life and business deals without flowery writing.. so the story zips along at a good pace, avoiding the huge boring sections which can be found in the likes of Bill Clintons bio.

For a fellow who dropped out of school very young he has done pretty well for himself, currently estimated at a worth of $5 billion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, I read this about three years ago and was fascinated. I totally agree that the book is a good-paced read.

The sheer depth of imagination and daring he had when setting up his first enterprises were incredible and you can't help leaving the book thinking that you have somehow shared an incredible experience :)

I admire his attitude when something goes wrong, he picks himself up, dusts down and gets on with it.

Great choice and a good read!

Advertisement