Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Of Destiny-Tenacious D

• 17-11-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

Anybody get the album yet? Sounds good!! suprising to hear so much electric guitar in it compared to last one. lots of f*cks and Sh1ts and c*cks, so theyre keeping it real, very funny. although some of the material is rehashed from the dvd, looking forward to the movie :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

gucci wrote:
    Anybody get the album yet?

Yes, got it yesterday, and I admit I made a big mistake. This album is terrible, I find the songs too short and really stupid, there first album had stupid moments too but this whole album just seems like a pisstake. I liked the Meatloaf and Ronnie James Dio cameos, the song Metal and the title track but that was about it. The rest of it was just absurd, and far too short and stupid
    gucci wrote:
    lots of f*cks and Sh1ts and c*cks, so theyre keeping it real, very funny.

that does not make an album funny, if you have to swear constantly to get somebody to listen to your music, then you really have to recheck your musical output somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

It's very, very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I find the songs too short and really stupid, there first album had stupid moments too but this whole album just seems like a pisstake.

the first album was also a piss take, did you like the first album for its insightful ,moving songs?
    if you feel the piss take was of you the customer, then thats too bad, i got exactly what i expected, same cheezy jokes as the first one except told in a different style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I didnt buy the first, and i wont be buying this one, but I will watch the film, just to see Ronnie Dio's acting debut, I can't wait, If its any good as the little scene with Tenacious D before the video for his song Push, then I'll be happy

"I've got something for you boys...." (holds up a tenner or the like) "...If you play some Tenacious D!!"

Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I enjoyed the first album, and the single off this new one. The missus will pick it up regardless so I'll have to give it a good spin before the gig.

• Advertisement

gucci wrote:
    the first album was also a piss take, did you like the first album for its insightful ,moving songs?

im sorry but its very, very poor, and listening to it again now and I have a sense of humour (I like Rod Stewart and Tigertailz for Christ sake!) but I find this in no way funny. Songs like 'Dude (I Totally Miss You)' just make me want to cringe.

The first album actually had jokes, whereas this album just has swearing and Jack Black singing too fast sometimes to catch what hes saying.

Put it this way, if I heard this live, Id be looking around wondering what the **** is going on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

agreed, i was well happy to c this album realeased and couldnt wait to hear it but my god was i disapointed. i enjoyed every minute of the first album and still listen to it but this was below average and i want my 20quid back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

seen the movie on sunday, poor at best, jokes were all pretty lame/had been done before, i dunno how to insert spoilers so i cant tell you the only decent bit there was!

gucci wrote:
    i dunno how to insert spoilers so i cant tell you the only decent bit there was!

I dont see the need. Ill prob go see it myself this weekend, just as a bit of tuning off time, and I reckon the part with Meatloaf as Jack Blacks father (if that even does happen) will make me happy. Meatloaf was right, Jack Black shouldnt of had a music carrer lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Ah the album is ok the rock off is pretty cool but far too short and yes dude i totally miss you is pointless...not as good as the first but the rock off does it for me the devils riff is savage lmao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarcoball

This album is the OST to the movie and they pretty much tie in together. You need to see the movie to appreciate the album. I am a huge fan of Tenacious D and in my eyes they can do no wrong. I love their humor, loved the first album, loved the HBO shorts, Loved the Complete Masterworks DVD when it came out, loved the new movie and love the new album, especially the track Beelzeboss.

Is the new album as good as the first? No. But hey, that's ok, artists are allowed to have albums that are better than others. My only complaint about this album is that it is too short.

I recommend any D fan to get this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I thought the first album was funny...then I listened to it a second time and realised how terrible it is. That was about four years ago.
    I think I will be stearing clear of this one.

I think I will be stearing clear of this one.

I got this one free and if not i wouldnt have paid money for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The rock off with Satan is brilliant. Kickapoo is pretty good. The song metal is quite cool too. Pick of destiny is ok I suppose.

Apart from that... poor. I laughed so hard the first time I listened to the first album. It helped that I had just borrowed the album off a friend and didn't even know Tenacious D were a comedy act. After I'd listened to it a million times and it ceased being funny, there were still a load of great songs on it.

This album got a couple of smirks out of me first time round, but that's about it. Most of the songs are instantly forgetable. The movie will probably suck too but I'm sure I'll go see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 grunger1994

ok the first album rocked.it was great,a classic and jack black is hilarious.but i must admit i couldn't be bothered buying it due to all the bad reviews.iv been convinced it aint worth the 20 euro.goin to see the film tho.

iv been convinced it aint worth the 20 euro

exactly

Advertisement