Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does this place exist?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I was just on to a chap from the buyandsell about a van. He said it was parked at the garage, when I asked the name of the garage he said City Motors on Parnell Street. I just looked it up and can't find such a place. I asked for the reg to check on cartell.ie but he didn't have it. He had no problems with me coming out to have a look and if I was happy with the look of it, to then get a mechanic but still. Just want to make sure before I go meeting up with a stranger at his home on Mountjoy street, which aint the safest of places:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Rang again and his gf gave me his mob number and then I asked for the number of the garage and she said that's the number they use for the garage:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

sounds a little dodgy dude. although many small time businesses only use mobiles. Did you try looking it up with 11811 and 11850 the two phone directory numbers? they might know if it exists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

use to be a mitsubishi dealership there beside the hackney place. it may still be there but it went under a different name. cant remember but it was one of teh well known names

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried about going to have a look at the van. Whether the business is actually registered or not is in my opinion of little importance - in terms of comeback, buying from a back street dealer is much the same as buying privately. If you like the van and the price, get your mechanic to have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

ats wrote:
    use to be a mitsubishi dealership there beside the hackney place. it may still be there but it went under a different name. cant remember but it was one of teh well known names

Westbrook Motors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cormie wrote:
    Just want to make sure before I go meeting up with a stranger at his home on Mountjoy street, which aint the safest of places:o

I used to rent a place on Mountjoy street and believe me it's perfectly safe. Its full of old redbrick Georgian houses that are probably worth a fortune these days, the only knacks around will be coming from the council houses beside the Iliac Centre and Mountjoy street is a bit of a long way for them so very very rare to see.

Most of the residents of Mountjoy street are either loaded or renting or long term residents. Wouldn't worry about going there in the slightest tbh (in the daytime - anywhere close the city centre at night becomes knacksvile unfortunately :( )

There are loads of small businesses along the road including a couple of biker shops so not suprised at al if there is a small car dealer there too.
    Go for it and dont worry about the location.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement