Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi cost?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Was wondering if anyone knows the average cost of a taxi from Caherdavin to Castletroy?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

I've got one a few times going in the opposite direction late at night and it's usually about €11/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Taxi cost in this town is a joke since the new taxi fares came in and with Christmas coming we are going to get screwed again.

On topic got caught for 20 quid from clareview to castletroy last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

A gal I know was telling me she waited for a taxi back to town from a Hen night with 'County' buddies .... 60.00 euros for 3 pas was quoted over the phone .....

eventually after waiting almost 2 hours the taxi guy said "I cant take you" :( ......
    they had to sleep over with a friend .....

Still ....whats 60 bucks to a taxi guy ..... nothing !!!! ..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Two Weeks ago my Girlfirend says she was charged 14 Euro from
    The New Dunnes to Fr. Russell rd. She only went
    in to do the shopping. I dont know if that was before the prices
    went up.

Its amazing to think that stick about a fiver on top of that and you
    could get a bus to Dublin/Cork/Galway to to the shopping for the day.

I dont know how a Taxi Companys can justify charging that much for such
    a short distance. If she Did not Have the food and shopping she would have
    walked. (The Bus's are too packed and smelly and late these days)

It really really Pis*s*es me off when they hike up the price at christmas time.
    I dont know how they are left get away with it. Sure I get a christmas bonus
    in work (a pathetic one at that) but My wages dont take a temp increase for the duration of the Christmas Period. Other Forms of Public Transpost dont all
    of a sudden go up for Christmas. The Cab Driver would give you the poor mouth
    as if they had not two cent to rub together and they were going to starve at christmas.

think it would it be cool if Bus Eireann branched out and did somthing like a Cab service too.
    or if poeple who did not own a vehicle had the choice to pay a extra in Tax but got
    free public transportation. (and a controlled way to monitor said idea)

Anyone else got Ideas to combat the extortion of it all ?

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

bullets wrote:
    Its amazing to think that stick about a fiver on top of that and you
    could get a bus to Dublin/Cork/Galway to to the shopping for the day.

plus 5 more you will *fly* to Barcelona! Ok, plus 7.50 for the bus to Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The fares should not go up for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The fares should not go up for christmas.

Yeah a few minutes after I posted
    I was talking to some workmates and they mentioned this
    I did not know they could not hike em up now thats good I suppose.

Shame that on the meter works out so bad.

Before it went all meter the fixed price cabs as far as I can remember was
    about 6.50 for town to dooradoyle. And went up at Christmas.

Now on the meter (probably with heavier traffic being nearly xmas time)
    14 Euro.

Nasty! Will have to look out for one of those granny wheely cart like things :-)

~B

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

bullets wrote:
    I dont know how a Taxi Companies can justify charging that much for such a short distance...

It really really Pis*s*es me off when they hike up the price at christmas time.
    I dont know how they are left get away with it...

Other Forms of Public Transpost dont all of a sudden go up for Christmas.

Taxi drivers or "taxi companies" have no say in the setting of fares, which are controlled by the Taxi Regulator ( www.taxiregulator.ie ).

Taxi fares do not (should not) rise at Christmas time (not that it's Christmas time now, but that's a debate for another day), the taxi driver has no say in the matter, what is on the meter is all you should pay.
    Only hackney drivers can set their own fares.

You are entitled to a receipt, and should always ask the taxi driver for one.
    Therefore, if you feel you were ripped off, or if any extra charges are added to the fare which should not have been, you can complain to the Regulator and will have evidence and the taxi number.

Advertisement