Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help

• 17-11-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

One of the lads in my house has signed my phone up to some singles flirting thing. Funny at the start but now a bit annoying.

All i know is that the number sending the messages to me is <snipped> - at first i ignored it and hoped it would stop but it's sending me at least one message a day.

I tried their help thing but it doesn't tell me how to unsubscribe.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sure "One of the Lads" did it.. ;)

Text the word STOP back to the number

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sure it aint one of the lads seeing if you'll reply to this service? could be another number one of them have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Eh, you do realise that each txt is costing you about €2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Text 'Unsubscribe' back to the number, that oughta do it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

xzanti wrote:
    Sure "One of the Lads" did it.. ;)

Sound, that was wrecking my head

Beetlebum - unsubscribe didn't work - tried it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

keizer wrote:
    Sound, that was wrecking my head

Beetlebum - unsubscribe didn't work - tried it yesterday.

You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Take heed people, in case your 'friends' sign you up to such things.. :)

http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

Man if that was my "friend" who did that to me, I would grap hold of his phone and place it in a pile of dog ****e and tell him where it is.. That should teach the b ollix...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Man if that was my "friend" who did that to me, I would grap hold of his phone and place it in a pile of dog ****e and tell him where it is.. That should teach the b ollix...

you can take the Boyo out of Crumlin...:rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

and ring it so the vibration effect ensures it gets in all the little spots on the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

If you ring your service provider they will be able to check the 5 digit number they come from and give you the unsub code, or the helpdesk number.

You mate should be able to remember the 5 digit code unless he's a total plank. :)

If the helpdesk for the company gives you any stick just mention that if they don't unsub you then you will be more than happy to contact ComReg about it and i bet they will change there tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

xzanti wrote:

You sure seem to know a lot about the subject Xanti :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Just ring o2 or vodaphone or which ever and ask them they will tell what you have to send to stop these messages. Happened me before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

To get him back stick his number in the buy and sell. Put an ad in for a great car at a ridiculous price.

kevmy wrote:
    you can take the Boyo out of Crumlin...:rolleyes:

Ya better believe it. I used to drink in the Horse Shoe back in Crumlin Villiage with a bunch of lads. Crazy messing bollix's so they were. If were silly enough to leave your phone on the table while you went to the jacks of something you would come back to it in a 100 pieces. They would remove every part without breaking and hide it all over the pub. It would piss you off big style... This guy, who was the ring leader I got good one time. Some one had taken a s hit in the jacks and it stunk bad. I grabbed his phone, held my nose went to the jacks and dropped it right on top of the pile of s hit in the jacks. It took him a while to notice but when he went to have a p iss I called his phone and he then seen where it was..... That thought the fcuker I tell you.. You should of seen the face on him….. Served him right and he never messed with any ones phone again. He did get me back by setting my runners on fire under the table when I was talking to him though. We came to fisty cuffs over that one, because the week before he shaved my eyebrows off two days before Christmas….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

You sure seem to know a lot about the subject Xanti :)
    I was just going to say that:mad::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Ya better believe it. I used to drink in the Horse Shoe back in Crumlin Villiage with a bunch of lads. Crazy messing bollix's so they were. If were silly enough to leave your phone on the table while you went to the jacks of something you would come back to it in a 100 pieces. They would remove every part without breaking and hide it all over the pub. It would piss you off big style... This guy, who was the ring leader I got good one time. Some one had taken a s hit in the jacks and it stunk bad. I grabbed his phone, held my nose went to the jacks and dropped it right on top of the pile of s hit in the jacks. It took him a while to notice but when he went to have a p iss I called his phone and he then seen where it was..... That thought the fcuker I tell you.. You should of seen the face on him….. Served him right and he never messed with any ones phone again. He did get me back by setting my runners on fire under the table when I was talking to him though. We came to fisty cuffs over that one, because the week before he shaved my eyebrows off two days before Christmas….

That has the making of a thread in it

That sounds like a great night out.

petes wrote:
    That sounds like a great night out.

its all about the laugh and banter.....

its all about the laugh and banter.....

Laugh and banter are one thing, throwing a phone down the bog and setting runners on fire are quite the other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I haven't lol'ed so hard for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It happened to me once that I had just topped up my phone from about two euro credit up to twelve. A lad that I worked with took my phone and texted one of those sex chat services, but she sent a few back, just confirming my age and stuff, before he gave me back my phone with a message like "Hi, this is Bunny. What are you up to? What are you doing?" on it, and he explained the whole thing. I being a good sport, decided to play along. I sent her a text saying "Hi Bunny, I'm about to start my doctoral thesis. What do you know about orang-utangs?" Her reply was predictable eonough: "I'm just a dinner lady babes, I don't know anything abpout orang-utangs, sorry".

My phone credit was down to three euro. The lad re-imbursed me. I think I'm now one a mailing list though, I occasionally get texts saying "38DD blonde in YOUR AREA wants to party. Text whatever to whatever."

petes wrote:
    Laugh and banter are one thing, throwing a phone down the bog and setting runners on fire are quite the other.

Thats why I punched the head of the fell cause it went too far.. I agree messing is messing...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Does your phone provider have call blocking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php#frm

I work for Vodafone. The company that seems to send out most of these premium SMS is Opera Telecom. Their number is 0818 286606 (but they haven't been answering this number for some days now).

Click on that link - if you scroll down to the bottom, you can enter the 5 digit number the SMS are coming from. It will give you the companys name and a contact number. Generally speaking, texting the word "stop" back to it doesn't work, as we have numerous customers calling saying they've done that but it hasn't worked.

You should get on to that asap - was talking to a customer this evening who had received 46 of those SMS in a 2 hour period. Each SMS was costing him 2 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH with redirect...
    Bounce back if you want.

OP: read the stickies in this forum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

embee wrote:
    was talking to a customer this evening who had received 46 of those SMS in a 2 hour period. Each SMS was costing him 2 euro.

/does some math

€92?! That'll hurt a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what do you do when the message doesn't come from a 5XXX number ?

ie. where the compand deliberately makes it difficult to cancel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was signed up to some stupid weather thing once, I unsubscribed et al, but they kept sending me texts. They did send the name of the service provider in the texts though. A little google here, a little yelling down the phone at some woman who wouldn't listen to the first 5 minutes of the call there, no more texts.

Don't call directory enquiries though. They won't be able to help, unless you're looking for the company's number. (Nor can they predict the weather in Japan, or distinguish between mountain ranges for you, but that never stops idiots. :))

• Advertisement
Advertisement