Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

two good chances for Arsenal in the las few minutes, Henry and Fabregas.great saves from Given

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ffs, every cross Arsenal have from open play is overhit and every corner is underhit!

NOt a bad game to watch if you are a neutral though.....

What a goal from Henry............:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Thats exquisite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

goal from henry, free kick.....newcastle could have had a free at the other end and 10 seconds later the decision goes to arsenal, level.

YES you beauty, was just thinking he was due one of those. What a strike.

Can they go on to win it now??? Will be an exciting last 19 minutes.....

Can they go on to win it now??? Will be an exciting last 19 minutes.....
    History suggests not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will someone shut that bint up?

Mike.

Who me????

C'mon Rooney.......2-1 to Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I hope that woman that keeps shouting "cccccoooooooooooooooommmmmmoooooooooooooooonnnnn aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" beside the camera isnt a season ticket holder. Otherwise i dont think i can watch any more games at the emerates, shes doing my head in. :)

The camera must be in a seat there, you can hear everything that the group of fans around it are saying.

Super free kick nontheless.

rooney..............2-1, yes

Think Arsenal might sneak this one.......... Jesus you are right about that woman screaming.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its gonna be another hardluck tory for Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A nice bit of payback for Fabregas there.

Think i will turn the sound of and listen to the commenatary on Today FM.....will she SHUT UP!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its gonna be another hardluck tory for Arsenal.

Way to poke fate with a big stick.

Lol at hamilton "charlie N'Zogbia" & " the mercurial Kieran Dyer"

Walcott learning bout diving obviously. Gets a slap in the shoulder and goes does holding his face.

LOL..........4 minutes of added time.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

feckin arsenal lost me 80 blips.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Arsenal fans must be annoyed, after beating Liverpool 3 nil they draw 1-1 with Newcastle at Home......

ronaldo has had a shocking miss. minutes earlier hit the bar, here describes the miss.

2-1 united, should really have been 6-1, perhaps more

from bbc updates:

1648: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the best until last. Seriously - this one is right up there with Ronny Rosenthal in the pantheon of great misses. Ryan Giggs threads a pass through to him, Ronaldo is three yards from goal, leans back and the ball spoons up and over the bar. You couldn't make it up.

Well thats 80 notes down the pan. When I saw Henry on the bench I should have known. :(

Liverpool

Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Gonzalez, Kuyt, Bellamy
    Subs - Dudek, Crouch, Hyypia, Zenden, Paletta

Nearly a good side.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stekelly wrote:
    I hope that woman that keeps shouting "cccccoooooooooooooooommmmmmoooooooooooooooonnnnn aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" beside the camera isnt a season ticket holder. Otherwise i dont think i can watch any more games at the emerates, shes doing my head in. :)

wasn't just me then that was pissed off

as for the game itself. Arsenal should have won, they didn't :mad: Shay Given pulled off some fantastic saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AGGHHHHHH!!! Had an accumulater on;
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Man City
    Pompy
    Reading
    Man U
    annddd....
    ARSENAL!

Would've been feckin loaded!!
    said id chance it since most realistically callable bunch of fixtures i've ever seen!

mike65 wrote:
    Liverpool

Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Gonzalez, Kuyt, Bellamy
    Subs - Dudek, Crouch, Hyypia, Zenden, Paletta

Im happy out with that team, though gonzalez hasn't been consistent so far, i watched him a lot with sociadad and he was fantastic, would like to see him getting a good run to adapt before i judge him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Well thats the Liverpool team I'd have picked.

None of the three PPStream options woring for me on Rojadireta. Anyone having any luck geting a stream?

should download TVants. The StarSport South East link working well for me, english commentary and all.

'Boro making life hard.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Arsenal let me down for 2 separate accumulators.

I've backed Boro clean sheet here, I'm not over-confident, but 4.5 (7/2) is value.

• Advertisement

gonzalez being his usual self, flashes of good stuff and flashes of badness. went on a great run a min ago though, skipping past a few players. At least hes forcing himself into the game, always getting into positions and calling for the ball. Pennant on the other hand is pretty anonymous, doesnt seem to want it so much. Gonzo started left and got a lot of ball, then they switched and it still all going thru gonzo on the right now.

Good bit of liverpool teamplay around the box there. Unfortunatly alonso blasted over.

Dear God.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

this liverpool "performance" is beyond dire

el rabitos wrote:
    this liverpool "performance" is beyond dire
    Perhaps, but Boro are worse.

In saying that Boro should have just scored against the run of play. Awful miss by Yakuba.

Bellamy a bit unlucky there. Very good header, would have beat the keeper, but Woodgate got his face in the way.

Perhaps, but Boro are worse.

Don't think so. Boro are packing the midfield and hoping for a breakaway goal; a tactic that usually sees them beat the top teams at home. Not that Liverpool are a top team. Yakubu's workrate could be a lesson to a lot of strikers.

someone needs to just put gonzalez on a plane and send him far away from that liverpool team.

alonso is the only bright spot of the liverpool team

el rabitos wrote:
    someone needs to just put gonzalez on a plane and send him far away from that liverpool team.

alonso is the only bright spot of the liverpool team

Yeah Alonso is doing alright; it's about time too.

It seems almost like theres something liverpool are trying to do, but failing. They keep making the same mistakes, so at least its consistantly bad. Gonzo has put in so many low crosses that dont find their way thru that he's either forgotten how to play or been told to do it. maybe the others are meant to be racing to the front post or something. i dunno, infuriating game, if liverpool cant win this away they havent much luck against a team that actually has an interest in playing.

• Advertisement

I'm gagging for a Tiger beer.

And lucky enough I just bought a 12 pack (for the price of 9 in Superquinn) :D

Alonso was by miles our best player v the arse too.

Stevie G needs to stop whinging and start playing.

The best move now would be to bring on the Crouch and take off Pennant. Put Bellamy on the wing.

completely uninspiring...i dunno what to take from watching that

gerrard might aswell have stood in the middle eating a bag of chips

alonso was bright and up for it, offered some good penetration through the centre

gonzalez needs to go home, offers nothing from the wing, cant get the ball past the first defender and if theres no defender there at all the his cross just trickles along the ground like a stream of p!ss.

carragher doesnt seem to trust reina, something needs to be done there

on a whole, there was no real penetration through the middle, nothing from the wingers and gerrard wasnt at the races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

That was the most boring game Ive watched in a long time.

I was listening (and literally snoozing at times) so can't comment too closely but the same old problems it seems are present - players who are totally off-colour, poor corners, shoddy passing, uncertain defending. While I wanted Bellemy to start why leave it so late to bring on Crouch? One of the things that caught the eye about Rafa when he arived was that he was willing to
    make early changes in people and postions if things were'nt working.

Great pity Sissoko is out so long cos I'd drop Gerrard for a while. Alan Green has just said something very interesting on fivelive - Somethings up that will become public "sooner than he'd like".

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Alan Green has just said something very interesting on fivelive - Somethings up that will become public "sooner than he'd like".

Mike.

Yeah its not football related, poor bastid tbh so best left to AH or other forum.

kdjac

(Is this about his missus again?)

Mike.

the kid more so

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Missus...Kid...DNA.....

I think you can fill in the blanks

'nuff said. :(