Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Premiership Games

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lemlin wrote:
    A draw was fair but the refereeing has been too hard on Blackburn in recent times. Between dubious penalties (Villa, Chelsea) and not getting penalties Rovers should have (Villa, Spurs), I can see why Hughes is getting angry. And that's not even mentioning corners that should never have been which result in goals (West Ham).

I haven't seen too much of Blackburn but shouldn't Andy Johnson have gotten a penalty against you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Lemlin wrote:
    The only thing consistent on this Board is you not knowing what you're talking about. And you've shown that fact here yet again, as several have pointed out. Leave the tabloid rubbish at home and stick to your hockey if you can't be bothered even watching the games. .

keep your discussion to football, rather than me personally.

i stick by my opinion. just because several people disagree with me, does not make me wrong. it makes me have a different opinion.

learn to live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lemlin wrote:
    and stick to your hockey if you can't be bothered even watching the games.

And you stick to the topic and not the poster.

i stick by my opinion. just because several people disagree with me, does not make me wrong. it makes me have a different opinion.

You could help yourself by backing up your statement, with examples of Blackburn hacking and cheating. Best of luck.

Merely stating something does not make it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

keep your discussion to football, rather than me personally.

learn to live with it.

As pointed out, could you back up your opinion please?

• Advertisement

WWM has an opinion. He stated it is his opinion. He's not saying its fact.

Deal with it.

psi wrote:
    WWM has an opinion. He stated it is his opinion. He's not saying its fact.

Deal with it.

Its fair enough to have an opinion, but to claim a team hacked and cheated when they clearly didn't is another issue altogether. It borders on trolling to be honest.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its fair enough to have an opinion, but to claim a team hacked and cheated when they clearly didn't is another issue altogether. It borders on trolling to be honest.

Meh, its no different to the people who say someone is/isn't a good player, is/isn't playing well, or a team did/didn't perform well or did/didn't pass the ball well.

I've seen matches where the lads on RTE say something was a stonewall penalty and the lads on BBC say there wasn't even contact. Nothing is ever really "clear" in football.

Its all about opinions, thats what the forum is for. So long as we express them without being uncivil, we're allowed have differing ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

psi wrote:
    Meh, its no different to the people who say someone is/isn't a good player, is/isn't playing well, or a team did/didn't perform well or did/didn't pass the ball well.

I've seen matches where the lads on RTE say something was a stonewall penalty and the lads on BBC say there wasn't even contact. Nothing is ever really "clear" in football.

Its all about opinions, thats what the forum is for. So long as we express them without being uncivil, we're allowed have differing ones.
    I agree to a point. But surely if we are to come on and make allegations, which are then challenged, seeing as it's a discussion forum is it not common courtesy to support them in some way.

Given that there is a level of history between the posters, and the allegations being quite unsubstantiated, I personally think someone is trolling rather than really giving "their opinion" on the matter. Should this practise not be tried to be stopped?

psi wrote:

Yeah thats fair enough, but I'd still like to hear an example of what exact 'hacking' or 'cheating' WWM was referring to in the Blackburn match. Surely it's a valid question to ask? Given that not one Blackburn player was booked and the sending off was hardly a 'hack', in any sense of the word, I'd love to know where he is coming from on this one.

• Advertisement

I agree to a point. But surely if we are to come on and make allegations, which are then challenged, seeing as it's a discussion forum is it not common courtesy to support them in some way.

Given that there is a level of history between the posters, and the allegations being quite unsubstantiated, I personally think someone is trolling rather than really giving "their opinion" on the matter. Should this practise not be tried to be stopped?

This isn't the time or place for this discussion you know, but while we're on it I'll explain my PoV and if anyone wants to go into it further they can PM me (I'll repeat this later for effect).

I agree that there may be a level of history betwen the posters and this may in some way be influencing the thread. However, while I can suggest WWM is trolling, I have no way of knowing or proving this. He's given his opinion, he's said it is his opinion and I know plenty of people who would make the same general comment about Blackburn (personally I don't agree with him). He hasn't actually broken forum rules by giving his opinion and so long as he doesn't start calling Blackburn or their supports by names then I'm ok with it - the other mods may act and I have no issue if they do.

Lemlin won't be happy until WWM bows down and acknowledges that Lemlin is right. Even if WWM starts giving him examples its gonna continue on in this vein. Thats where the history comes in. WWM says he's given his opinion and dropped it. As far as I'm concerned anything else is just spoiling for a row.

As far as whether his comment is trolling? I dunno, I'm of the belief that Henry is one of the greatest players ever to have touched a football. I've seen many posters here saying he is overrated and doesn't have bottle. I've seen it posted on Arsenal threads by United fans. Now *personally* I think that is a ludicrous opinion to have and don't see how anyone could actually believe it, but I'm not going to think that someone can't have that opinion and ban or punish them for expressing it. They probably are trolling, but then again, if they say its what they think, who am I to say otherwise.

Opinions in football come in all flavours, from the firm, grounded insightful ones to the ones you make cuckoo clocks from. If anyone here thinks WWM is trolling, then ignore him. If you disagree state why and give your points. If he can't refute them, you've given everyone else here the chance to make up their mind based on your argument and he hasn't.

The art of debate or argument isn't about proving right or wrong, its about presenting your opinions and facts and letting all involved conclude from what they have seen.

I'm pretty sure what way most people reading the Lemlin/WWM argument would be leaning and thats enough said really.

If ANYONE wants more philosophical discussion on this with me involved, PM me. The rest of this thread is for the topic of football - all else gets recycled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

psi wrote:

ya cant say the statement " hacked and cheated " is an interpretation or an opinion for crying out loud! But then again tit for tat then call him a brat is the trend here.

ah why do I bother, I wish work wasnt borin this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

KdjaCL wrote:
    No contact whatsoever, blatant dive.

sent off for high foot that missed him by about 3 feet.

kdjac

here is a good example of something that isnt true.

now im not saying that kdjacl must come back and apologise at once for this complete mis-representation of a spurs player. i mean, he basically calling ghaly a cheat when it looks to me like he was caught by tugay. you know what, im not too bothered. hes welcome to his opinion, even if its based on factually untrue information.

and of course, gillie did say he was waiting for savage to kick off, the man who has only been sent off, what, once in his career? and yet you know what, he has a pretty big reputation for diving, moaning, complaining, faking, kicking and hacking. but of course, i didnt see anyone jumping on his back about it. but i dont expect it.

as for 'the history between the posters', im at a bit of a loss with regards what that means. i dont have any 'history' with joesoap or lemlin, other than the usual football discussion that goes on here. unless of course you include the attempts to insult me or somehow demean my stature as a football fan by bringing up another sport i play.

personally, it all smacks of the usual soccor forum 'any excuse for an arguement' posting.

Advertisement