Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules for target shooting

Options
  • 17-11-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I want to get into target shouting in competitions and the such, but have no experience. my question is if a buy a CZ 452 LUX will i be able to enter these competitions or will i need a special gun ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

The Cz 452 IS a special gun! Ask anyone here. We all love it:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

duckmusic wrote:
    I want to get into target shouting in competitions and the such, but have no experience.

You're confusing the AGM with the actual matches we hold.

Seriously though, a CZ 452 should be fine for lots of sporting rifle competition, including Silhouette and at least some of the Gallery events.

This sounds like a job for SPARKS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

duckmusic wrote:
    I want to get into target shouting in competitions
    Sandy22 wrote:
    You're confusing the AGM with the actual matches we hold.
    Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Put some thought into what model your going to by the lux is designed to be used with iron/open sights and the stock is designed that way the american version is designed to be used with a scope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I am really showing my ignorance here but whats the deal with shooting the CZ 452 - 2E ZKM SILHOUETTE without a scope ???
    It doesnt have any sights so i presume that it is near imposable to shoot accurately without one , right ???
    I was planning on getting a scope, just not straight away.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

[url]Http://www.rimfirecentral.com[/url]

Check out the CZ section there

The american, varmint, sillouette and style models do not have open sights and can be only shot scoped

You'll find that almost everyone in this country shoots with a scope

If you want to shoot with the open sights then by the lux or one of the other models but they have a hogsback style stock (curves down) which makes it perfect for shoot with the open sights but slightly more uncomfortable for scoped shooting. You can buy a comb raiser which will do the job or the stock mightn't bother you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You'll find that almost everyone in this country shoots with a scope
    *A-Hem!* :D

None of the ISSF stuff is shot with scopes except running target (and we don't shoot that in Ireland yet). All the pistol, rifle and shotgun disciplines are iron sights only.

These scope yokes are just for checking where the bullet went after you fire the shot - anything else is just cheating ;):D

Advertisement