Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else into Mil-sim?

• 17-11-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if we have any Mil-sim players here. I picked up ten 30 round mags for my AK, no winding, no rattle, very nice :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Me. I love playing MilSim games. So much more to airsoft than just capture the flag and I'd play with nothing else other than low-caps. While else get a gun that you can change mags with? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭KutjeBef

I'd be interested alright. Haven't tried Mil-sim yet, just regular skirmishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

I assume you bought those mags on ehobby? I was thinking of picking up a box of mags for my M733. I dont really like hi-caps

I'd be pretty interested in trying the Milsim thing myself, not that i dont like the idea of the occassional full auto free for all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I picked them up from UNcompany but they are the Star mags that ehobby carry. Low-caps are great, they force you to make your shots count, very economical on BB's too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Ya id love some mil-sim action alright.all my guns and guns i intend 2 get will all have lowcaps. Id rather see some Aeg people reloading aswell sometimes but we'll have 2 see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's Mil-Sim, lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Another locap user here. Also, I think i've spent more on gear then I have on airsoft guns :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

i dunno. the odd game might be interesting. i'd still prefer mid then low caps. i've heard that excessive use of semi can be hard on your mechbox. at least with mid cap you can do burts of 2-3 shots instead of single shots. would be accurate plus make your gun last longer.

oh and davemcg, ,milisim is basically military simulated games. trying to go for the ultimate in realism. they prefer low cap 3o round mags. i'm still undecided ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

lowest cap you can get in a p-90 is 63 right? so really you start with an advantage right off the block!!! a real p-90 holds 50 so even i you just put in 50 you'd have 20 extra! (another reason p-90s rock)

Master of the Universe

p90's are cool, i just think they're a little small. i want something big and meaty*

*no penis jokes, for the love of god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Darn!!

judging by my mates m4 carbine [only Aeg ive fired] id say even with 100 round midcaps theirs still enough reloading going on 2 keep me and my scattergun happy :)

Master of the Universe

how many bbs does your shotty take per cartridge? and how many cartridges can you fit in at once?

i could imagine you could lose them very easily while stumbling through reloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

DaveMcG wrote:
    What's Mil-Sim, lads?
    Military Simulation.

Each shell holds 30 bb's and fires 3 per shot via different barrels so ten shots per shell basically [only 1 shell at a time in the gun].Good old N.O.I.P ordered a shellpouch for me from wolfarmouries so it should make it a little easier reloading and make it look even more savage to boot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    Just wondering if we have any Mil-sim players here. I picked up ten 30 round mags for my AK, no winding, no rattle, very nice :cool:

That film over on You Tube, Operation Irene is based on an actual event. That sort of airsoft looks very realistic. But I would imagine having the correct uniform and weapons would be very important to the scenario. And not only that but the location as well.

the Town Assault series are Mil-Sims as well (based in the UK).
    TA2 was in the largest European FIBUA (Fighting In Built Up Areas) training centre, Copehilldown Village. TA3 was in a massive woodland environment in Wales.

Location does add something to it. Nothing better than fighting it out in a full-scale village complete with petrol station, schoolhouse, etc.

Generally speaking it's the rules and scenario that make it a Mil-Sim event.
    For example you'll often find the following rules:
    - limited BBs per person in the field
    - locap (or in some places mid cap) magazines only
    - 1 hit you go down and need a medic to spend a few minutes healing you (i.e. no quick slap and you're up). 2nd hit, same deal, third hit back to base for a time-penalty respawn
    - believable missions/scenarios

Some big game events require you to wear a specific uniform type.
    TA for example devides the teams by uniform colour. Desert/Urban/Black/Civvie/ACU/Multicam types are Rebels, woodland/green are coalition. However I have been to other Mil-Sim games where a simple armband told the difference.

Another big factor in big-games is the command structure. TA2 for example had three companies worth of players per side, all split into Platoons (3 per Company) and those then into Sections (3 per platoon, with 5-8 per Section).
    The Section Leaders report to Platoon Leaders, Platoon Leaders to Company Commanders, etc.

It's a lot fun, but it doesn't mean that milsim can't be played on a smaller scale. All you need to do is make the scenarios believable and use similar rules as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

o1s1n wrote:
    p90's are cool, i just think they're a little small. i want something big and meaty*

*no penis jokes, for the love of god
    You VS Me then, Ill show you a P90 is a real mans gun.

Master of the Universe

...so wait, you would consider a p90 meaty? man,theyre tiny.

meaty = big. ugly. (like my Famas ;))something you can hold onto. something you could bludgeon someone to death with if you ran out of ammunition.

p90 = small. elegant. pretty. would look nice with a flower sticking out of the barrel.

could double up as a nice vase, perhaps? ;)

You have a FAMAS...two words...FRENCH ARMY!! Come on man, manly...I think not!
    Plus a P90 aint that small anyways! Its just ergonomically designed.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Harekin wrote:
    You have a FAMAS...two words...FRENCH ARMY!! Come on man, manly...I think not!
    Plus a P90 aint that small anyways! Its just ergonomically designed.

Flemish people on the other hand are known for their manlyness? ;)

ergonomics are for little prissy women whos hands get sore holding a real mans gun lol

Oh oh. I've been on the receiving end of one too many suped up P90s to call them crap.

I will say this though.... they're like small dogs.

Yap yap yap yap yap. Except the yaps are bb's hurtling at you at an ungodly rate of fire.

lol get shotguns ye women :p

Master of the Universe

i never said i didnt like them. i like them a lot in fact.

i said they werent meaty ;) too small for my liking. i like big guns. but whatever you're into i suppose.

meaty lol. Nothing more manly then a scatter gun :p

Master of the Universe

lol a bit TOO manly for my liking. i'd like to be able to defend myself even just a small bit, thanks :)

point taken :(

The P90 was built for people who drive tanks man...FREEKIN TANKS!! How could they possibly not be manly, lets be serious.

Harekin wrote:
    The P90 was built for people who drive tanks man...FREEKIN TANKS!! How could they possibly not be manly, lets be serious.

Correct, the P90 is a second line weapon for tankers and artillery crews. It's well built but couldn't possibly perform well in general infantry combat. It lacks the range for a start. Where it does stand out is in room clearing, it's like having a portable machine gun or your team.

• Advertisement

Has unbelievably armour penetration ability aswell apparantly, not as good as an mp7 though. Just tought id throw taht in :p

Master of the Universe

does this mean Harekin is going to be driving a tank? ..

you DO realize those airsoft tanks Marui make arent actually 1:1 scale ?

you DO realize those airsoft tanks Marui make arent actually 1:1 scale ?
    WHAT?? nooo im after buying a whole company of them :rolleyes: i figured we could do with a little armoured support when we take on "Team Bray" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

Mil-Sim sounds more appealing to me than regular skirmishing, no random firing of a few hundred BB's, making shots count, reloading etc.

I've been getting a lot of practice in with my Star low-caps, loading and unloading over and over. I can switch mags in about 4 seconds. I'll be using low-caps regardless of what others are using, I just think it's more fun.

The advantage of low-caps is that you have to take well aimed shots. On full auto my AK74M discharges an entire mag in about 3 seconds, my AK Beta Spetnaz in about 2.5 seconds :eek:

Master of the Universe

Just a little word of warning. It can be extremely hard to take well aimed shots when people are so camoflaged you cant actually see them. This is where a high cap can really help. Burst fire into foleage where the shots seem to be coming from. You'd go mad trying to do that with a low cap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement