Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing wallpaper paste

Options
  • 17-11-2006 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of painting an old house which has been wallpapered. I have stripped the wallpaper but there is a lot of paste left behind. I am currently washing and scraping washing and scraping, basically a lot of washing to get the stuff off. anyone know of a product to dissolve the stuff or any other tips. What reactions might it have with paint if some is left?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sugar soap. The powdered stuff is best. Hot water, sponge, work from the bottom of the wall upwards. Leave on for 10 mins. Then wash off with cold clean water.
    Make sure and wear gloves...it'll give you burns. Try and keep it out of your eyes too...

No reaction with paint. It's specifically for removing grease and dirt from paintwork.

Advertisement