Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT or UTV Clicksilver

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Guys.

Im hoping somebody here will be able to give me some advice.. Im finally about to jump into the world of Broadband and after ringing around and finding out what providers are in my area I have opted for either BT or UTV Clicksilver (unfortunaley NTL are not in my area of Dublin 15).

Going for a 2meg connection with line rental and weekend and evening unlimited calls to the UK and Ireland is approx 45 euro with UTV (34 for the first 3 months) with free connection if I order before Monday 20th November

Going for a 2meg connection with line rental and any time unlimited calls to the UK and Ireland is 54 euro with BT. I am not sure what the connection fee is

Now to be honest I am veering towards UTV cos i dont be at home during weekdays so having any time calls to the UK dosnt interest me.. evening and weekend calls would be fine.

The only thing that is putting me off UTV is there download cap of 12GB.. I thought i read somewhere before that you could pay an extra amount per month to have unlimited (well within reason) download. Could anybody tell me if that is the case

With regards BT I know people here have had some horrifc experiences with BT in the past with billing and waiting for installation etc so is it worth going with them with regards download limits or is UTV the best option.?

Gazzer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

gazzer wrote:
    Guys.

Im hoping somebody here will be able to give me some advice.. Im finally about to jump into the world of Broadband and after ringing around and finding out what providers are in my area I have opted for either BT or UTV Clicksilver (unfortunaley NTL are not in my area of Dublin 15).

Going for a 2meg connection with line rental and weekend and evening unlimited calls to the UK and Ireland is approx 45 euro with UTV (34 for the first 3 months) with free connection if I order before Monday 20th November

Going for a 2meg connection with line rental and any time unlimited calls to the UK and Ireland is 54 euro with BT. I am not sure what the connection fee is

Now to be honest I am veering towards UTV cos i dont be at home during weekdays so having any time calls to the UK dosnt interest me.. evening and weekend calls would be fine.

The only thing that is putting me off UTV is there download cap of 12GB.. I thought i read somewhere before that you could pay an extra amount per month to have unlimited (well within reason) download. Could anybody tell me if that is the case

With regards BT I know people here have had some horrifc experiences with BT in the past with billing and waiting for installation etc so is it worth going with them with regards download limits or is UTV the best option.?

Gazzer

Yeah, unlimited UTV broadband cost an extra 5.99 per month. It is totally unlimited but you can't be going crazy downloading movies constantly during peak hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I'd say I download and upload about 60-70 GB a month and UTV never bother me about fair usage. They told me when I signed to unlimited that they only care if it goes over 100GB per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I've been with both UTV and BT and, purely in terms of the connection, BT has been VASTLY more reliable than UTV.

I've had literally 5 minutes of down time with BT on one occasion yet when I was with UTV there were all kinds of connection problems, pages not loading, router needing resetting, farting round with proxy servers etc.

Not had any trouble with BT's billing department really but in fairness others here have had plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Just got UTV 3meg on Monday, I would reccomend it

Advertisement