Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking Of Restoring A Carina MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

ALl this talk of carina IIs has made me want one of them. thinkin of that great blue velour interior brings back fond memories

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If anyone comes across 88LH1134, a Gold Carina II Diesel, I'd happily buy it. It was my Father's Car when he died, and we sold it quickly afterwards. Cartell says it's still on the road ... this thread has made me a tad nostalgic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

ned78 wrote:
    If anyone comes across 88LH1134, a Gold Carina II Diesel, I'd happily buy it. It was my Father's Car when he died, and we sold it quickly afterwards. Cartell says it's still on the road ... this thread has made me a tad nostalgic :)

Motor tax office should be able to tell you owns the car now for a fee, I contacted the last owner of my late father's last car thru the tax office, unfortunatley it had been scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tam24068.jpg

Ideal christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

PM sent Volvoboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

colm_mcm wrote:
    Ideal christmas present!
    Pfft - wrong car!

As I said before the Carina II's were really Coronas (as opposed to the "Carinas" sold here before which were actually Carinas), and the Carina ED is the hardtop version (i.e. pillarless glass on doors)... though that would probably be much cooler to have (in non-model form).

jaysus, some people are never happy. Good luck finding a Carina ED in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

OK, here:
    http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/tuesday/detail_toyota-AuctionNo-TJS6234.html

Starting price is ¥18,000 = €120 :D
    It's an auto though :(

There's a good few T170 Coronas (i.e. what Volvoboy's looking for) on that site too (e.g. http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/tuesday/detail_toyota-AuctionNo-TJS6536.html), but shipping and VRT would probably make it cost over a grand to import.

Valleymount Cars have a '70's Corona 1.5 for around €5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

We all have them regrets that is, mine is selling the carina that i got off flecth damn i miss it so much, and the thing is that i've been seeing a plethre of these around lately, so i'm looking for another one now only diffrence is i'm selling the almera and keeping it for myself!!!

so here's the 411 people
    Toyota Carina wanted years between '88-'97 the II and the E model in need of work cheap as chips or free! saloon 1.6. anything considerd, nct failures or insurance write offs.

I'm not going to rally the stones out of the car or drive it illegally or do a bank job with it see here the pictography of the other one i did-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055022338&referrerid=&highlight=carina+
    -VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tecjunkie

Got an old Carina II, 1988, red, 2.0GLi, 125Bhp, Electric Sunroof, Power Steerring, 125K Miles, Electric Windows, quick car. Parked up outside for 6 yrs, bought it at 6 yrs old. Has distributor replaced iin 1998 (400 IEP cost). Needs a new front wing, damaged in accident, and repainting or touching up as there are a number of significant scrapes on the car. Engine ok, but needs battery. Let me know if your still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tecjunkie wrote:
    Needs a new front wing, damaged in accident, and repainting or touching up as there are a number of significant scrapes on the car. Engine ok, but needs battery. Let me know if your still interested.

I'd say Volvoboy will be delighted to take that off your hands. PM him to make sure he doesn't miss out on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    I'd say Volvoboy will be delighted to take that off your hands. PM him to make sure he doesn't miss out on this...

Indeed. Sounds like the perfect candidate for a Volvoboy style restore.

Bonjor Tecjunkie!!

Yes i'm the resident Carina II junkie, is it the saloon or hatch? TBH i'd only be usuing the car for parts and nothing else:( , as i've only picked up another one on friday, that has nct and tax on it, she's the gl and i want to put eleckies in her and for that your car would be perfect. thats the best i can do i'm afarid, if only you contaced me sooner.:o

Thanks Unkel:) Thanks Bazz26:)

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Volvoboy wrote:
    Bonjor Tecjunkie!!

Yes i'm the resident Carina II junkie, is it the saloon or hatch? TBH i'd only be usuing the car for parts and nothing else:( , as i've only picked up another one on friday, that has nct and tax on it, she's the gl and i want to put eleckies in her and for that your car would be perfect. thats the best i can do i'm afarid, if only you contaced me sooner.:o

Thanks Unkel:) Thanks Bazz26:)

-VB-

Don't forget to post photos of your progress on the latest one VB. :cool:

bazz26 wrote:
    Don't forget to post photos of your progress on the latest one VB. :cool:

Yes Sir!,

techjunkie, was talking to our car valeter today and he'd be intrested, could'nt bear to take it appart. let me know.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i would like the 2ltr gli to do it up i had one once and i was sorry that i let it go, if you are within reasonable distance of me i can collect it as a winter project, thats if its advailable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And again, if you come across 88LH1134, a Gold Carina II 2.0 Diesel, I'll pay handsomely for it, it was my late Father's Car, and I'd love to get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Have you many spares VB? I have a 2.0GLi hatchback, it belonged to my father, and I need a few bit's and pieces to get it looking as new again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If Tecjunkie's car is being broken up, I'm interested in the front bumper and a few other bits and pieces!

Not your ornery onager

ned78 wrote:
    And again, if you come across 88LH1134, a Gold Carina II 2.0 Diesel, I'll pay handsomely for it, it was my late Father's Car, and I'd love to get it back.

I'll keep the ear to the ground:)

junkyard-

I know a lad who banger races them, he owes me a favor as i gave him a old ford granada for free, he said if ever i wanted anything to let him know, he strips everything out of them excluding the just the steeringwheel and gearstick, dont know if he has any liftbacks but he does have 3 saloons and a estate.

-VB-

Thanks for that VB, I'll make up a list and get back to you.

Junky - on the estates is the back doors longer than the ones on the saloon?

The lad i get the parts off he has a estate with the electric windows, and i'd need the door cars and the motors and the looms, so would they fit into my saloon???

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

VB, what kind of nick is the estate in? Might be interested in it if you're not.

Also, do you know what's happening with Tecjunkie's car?

Not your ornery onager

Volvoboy wrote:
    Junky - on the estates is the back doors longer than the ones on the saloon?

-VB-
    I'm not sure VB it's been a while since I worked on one, I'd say the door is the same but the window frame on top could be different.

esel wrote:
    VB, what kind of nick is the estate in? Might be interested in it if you're not.

Also, do you know what's happening with Tecjunkie's car?

All the cars your man has are legally scrapped (no log books)

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hi t jnky whats de story with the 88 carina

Estate and saloon doors are different shape IIRC.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Estate and saloon doors are different shape IIRC.

Colm, would ya say i could take the electric motors and door cards out of the estate and put them into my saloon, would ya say the'd fit?

-VB-

Advertisement