Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group of NUIG stdents going up to the "Big schmoke"

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:19pm

Hi.Me and group of friends are heading up to Dublin this weekend?Where would good places for us to go out on friday and saturday night?

We are all 18/19.all students so don't really want an older crowd.

Whats the dress code like in Dublin?

Thanks, Darren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

What sort of Music do you like? Do want Pubs or Clubs or both? What dress code are you more comfortable with?

Something for everyone....

I don't have proper shoes.Just van Diemens.Prob just have a party.So just clubs.Don't mind what music is played as long as their is a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Bobs is usually a good night nice mixed crowd good music and the dress code is relaxed. Bottom of Grafton Street at Trinity College.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Eh, Bobs is in temple bar, no? - are you talking about the porterhouse central (ex Judge Roy Beans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a deadly club/pub that plays great music and is full of lovely women, its called the george and its on georges street, you should definitely go there. the women are fine in that place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Lol :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

george is great, lots of hot girls, they're all in the back of the club tho.
    seriously tho, the palce on camden street/crawdaddys/tripod whatever its called now are both very good for college students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Doyle's. It's to the left of Trinity College. Packed with students, lax dress code, great music.

Ended up in porterhouse central on Friday.Great atmosphere.Fun to try out the new beers.

Saturday night, I went to Barcode.**** music.Good craic though mainly because the underage/immature women that were around.Like going with a girl for 5 secs.Then she goes back to her friends dancing.Also when some eejit from Howth asked me if I came from Germany.(I have a Leitrim accent)I was laughing my head off at that.Enjoyed the pool tables there too.Friend was with a 16 year old.:eek: Muppet.

I was staying in"an oige" hostel on mountjoy street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

seriously tho, the palce on camden street/crawdaddys/tripod whatever its called now are both very good for college students

Pffft, why'd ya put the "seriously though..." part into it?! You could of tricked some country boys into going to the George and they'd of came back and reported their trip here and we'd of all had something to laugh about.

Way to go :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i don't want 8 country boys with limps banging on my door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

In all honesty I know quite a few lookers who have been there at least once, they claim to have a great time (presumably because theres less people like you and me locked out of the bin waffling at them, dancing their crotch to their arse and generally trying to get the leg over). Id imagine the "old timers" dont like the place being packed full of them.

yeah they go there to avoid us... whats the point ion there bein hotties if ya can only look:p

Well I was in Dragon for a wee bit on that Friday if that counts.:p

Advertisement