Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I-Mate SP5 O2 Ireland GPRS/MMS/WAP Settings

• 17-11-2006 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here got an I-Mate SP5 working with O2 Ireland Contract:

I have tried all the settings here and found a few posts with attempts but still some niggly problems.

If some has the phone working with O2 Ireland Billpay could they please post blow by blow the settings or if need be take screen shots, I have Jeyo Companion if anyone needs it and has screen shot facility for Smartphones and PDA's.

Or would anyone have a copy of the newest O2 IQ ROM or the *.cab file that has the O2 Active UI.

Thanks in Advance Guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Flying wrote:
    Has anyone here got an I-Mate SP5 working with O2 Ireland Contract:

I have tried all the settings here and found a few posts with attempts but still some niggly problems.

If some has the phone working with O2 Ireland Billpay could they please post blow by blow the settings or if need be take screen shots, I have Jeyo Companion if anyone needs it and has screen shot facility for Smartphones and PDA's.

Or would anyone have a copy of the newest O2 IQ ROM or the *.cab file that has the O2 Active UI.

Thanks in Advance Guys :)

I remember with another Smartphone, you had to select MMS 1.2 and not MMS 2 to get MMS to work.

For GPRS access point should be "internet", username/password both "gprs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Thanks Dude I have cracked it with your help below are the settings, I think these will apply to Windows Smartphones WM2003 and WM5.

The below are for O2 Billpay, I have added the settings for O2 GPRS (O2 WEB) but not added the screen shots as I dont use it but I have confirmed it is working aswell if in case you need to use Push Mail etc and need a permanent GPRS connection :

I-Mate SP5 MMS and GPRS Settings:

O2 GPRS (O2 WEB)

Connects to: The Internet
    Access Point: open.internet
    User Name: gprs
    Password: gprs
    Primary DNS: 62.40.32.33
    Secondary DNS: 62.40.32.34

O2 MMS

Connects to: WAP Network
    Access Point: wap.dol.ie
    User Name: gprs
    IP Address: 192.168.90.74

O2 WAP

Connects to: WAP Network
    Access Point: wap.dol.ie
    Username: gprs
    DNS both clear
    IP Address: clear

MMSC Options

Name: O2 MMS
    MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002/
    WAP Gateway: 192.168.90.74
    Port: 9201
    Connect via: WAP Network
    Max Sending Size: 250K
    WAP Version: WAP 1.2

I can't seem to attach the screen shots but if anyone wants them please PM me

Mod's can this be made a sticky for future reference :)

Advertisement