Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre Telephone Problem.

Options
  • 17-11-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Currently connected to EsatBT for our broadband and Gaelic Telecom for our telephone calls. Having some problems at the moment with our phone line. Whenever anyone calls our landline, the phone doesn't ring. The call is getting connected, and when I pick up, I can talk to the other person down the line but yet the phone just won't ring. I thought this would be down to a problem with the phone but when we swapped it with another phone, still had the same problem. Then I thought maybe there's a problem with the broadband interfering with the line so I disconnected that and connected the phone directly into the wall. Still no ringing tone.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

hhmm,

Well the phone rings when a pulse is sentdown the phone line.
    If the phone works ok, then there are two possibilities:
    The pulse isn't being sent or it is but its not strong enough to cause your phone to ring.

Either way you would need to get on to your line provider, which i still think is eircom. Unless esatBT have taken control of your local line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

its not BT (unless its a dodgy filter they supplied ) , you must raise the fault thru whoever you pay line rental to which is gaelic I believe . Good Luck .

Advertisement