Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zell am see skiing?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

im heading skiing in januray, has anyone been to zell am see? is it good for begginers? what airport is close? any tips?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

Hey,

I was skiing there ages and ages ago - about 1992 - I thought it was brilliant!!

They have busses going from town straight to the ski lift and as a complete beginner in my beginners group we had lots of nice spots to ski for 2 weeks!

Don't know what airport is the closest or remember anything else about the town... But I'd say it has changed alot since then.

gagalina

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

The nearest airport is Salzburg. Munich is also not that far away. The resort is divided into 2 parts. One is Kaprun which is a glacier. You'll need to get a bus from the town to this. I've no idea what this is like. The other part is accessible from the town itself.

I was there last year but I didn't pay much attention to what the resort would be like for beginners. As a resort I wasn't particularly taken by it. There are quite a lot of flat bits which are a pain. There is a good lift infrastructure there but there are some bottlenecks in it.

The apres ski ain't bad though and the town is nice with the usual amount of bars and restaurants.

Advertisement