Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'89 Honda CRX 1.6

Options
  • 17-11-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie and I'm looking for an 89 crx engine, and need to find out where someone can fit it. I got on to ivi solutions in Dublin and they wouldn't do an engine transplant cause they said the engine model was too old. Its a 1.6 non v-tech, I think its a DOHC.The car is done up to bits on the outside but has a fairly original interior with the exception of a dvd player and sunvisor tv screens. the timing belt went on me so I need to get it replaced and sold asap. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this isn't much help, but:

This is a vtech
    vtech.jpg

This is a VTEC
    b18b_92-95_side_sm.jpg

sorry, really hate Honda drivers calling them Vtechs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You have never, ever been right-er Colm.
    That wasn't much help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

kissmyface wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie and I'm looking for an 89 crx engine, and need to find out where someone can fit it. I got on to ivi solutions in Dublin and they wouldn't do an engine transplant cause they said the engine model was too old. Its a 1.6 non v-tech, I think its a DOHC.The car is done up to bits on the outside but has a fairly original interior with the exception of a dvd player and sunvisor tv screens. the timing belt went on me so I need to get it replaced and sold asap. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me!!

Tuining factory will do it for you. www.tuningfactory.ie

You can get the timing belt there while you do the engine drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kissmyface

Thanks anyway Pedantic PAT, lol

Thanks for the help, will give them a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

colm_mcm wrote:
    this isn't much help, but:

This is a vtech
    vtech.jpg

This is a VTEC
    b18b_92-95_side_sm.jpg

sorry, really hate Honda drivers calling them Vtechs!

Hey that image in the second pic is of a 1.6 zc dohc engine buts a non-vtec!
    ya big petantic monkey:p i hate it when the get your facts straight gang dont actually get their facts straight.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It appears I have been outsmarted

(also the engine in the pic is 1.8)

colm_mcm wrote:
    It appears I have been outsmarted

(also the engine in the pic is 1.8)

Ah well if he (OP) was to look under the bonnet of his crx he would find an indentical looking engine.indentical looking.
    ah fook it try ebay thers loads on there search under zc afik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Hi,
    I have the same engine in a Rover 216GTi. The engine is known as a ZC in the states, but in Europe, it's called the D16A9 (non cat version) or D16A8 (catted version). There's a guy in the UK called CRXMark (he's on lots of Honda sites) who has turboed a few of these engines to massive horsepower and knows the engines very well. He says he has bought lots of these engines where the timing belt went and not one of them needed to have the valves replaced or anything else done to them other than a new timing belt put on and timed up properly again. Hope that might be of some help.

216pgmfi.jpg

BTW, stick around as we might be able to help each other out with parts.
    I saw a CRX in a scrapyard in county Wicklow recently, don't know what engine it was though. PM me if you want.

IrishRover wrote:
    Hi,
    I have the same engine in a Rover 216GTi. The engine is known as a ZC in the states, but in Europe, it's called the D16A9 (non cat version) or D16A8 (catted version). There's a guy in the UK called CRXMark (he's on lots of Honda sites) who has turboed a few of these engines to massive horsepower and knows the engines very well. He says he has bought lots of these engines where the timing belt went and not one of them needed to have the valves replaced or anything else done to them other than a new timing belt put on and timed up properly again. Hope that might be of some help.

216pgmfi.jpg

BTW, stick around as we might be able to help each other out with parts.
    I saw a CRX in a scrapyard in county Wicklow recently, don't know what engine it was though. PM me if you want.

Thats the one alright!
    very underestimated engine-they are little screamers
    Ive had 2 crx (SIR & 1.5x) & know a little bit about them.:D
    wouldnt mind another if it came up at the right price:cool:

• Advertisement

Thaks V. Much for that info, I heard that elsewere about there being no damage after the t. belt went. will get someone to try and fix it as a nixer could, save me a lot of money cheers m8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Hi OpelDave, yeah I really like the D16 DOHC engine and the more cars I drive the more I appreciate the engine. It's not vtec, but it really likes high revs and pulls stronger all the way to the limiter and you get a kick at 3,500 and it really opens up at 4,500. I love the way it sounds too. (Oh, the cam cover is the only difference there in the rover engine bay btw)

Kissmyface (alan partridge? :) ) great, I hope that will work out and would love to know if timing belt is all that's needed. Please post back if you can when it's fixed!

Advertisement