Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 bargains to be had on Ebay...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm surprised people are bothering. there'll be plenty come q2/3 next year, just like the 360. there are some great launch games there alright, but nothing worth all this bother...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

$19,000 !! Is someone on crack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

The winning bid has 0 feedback! won't be going for that price methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

ehehe no way that guy is gonna pay 19000
    poor seller that has to pay up for the fees in advance, it always takes time to solve a non payment dispute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Advertisement

A lot of ps3 auctions are being sabotaged by disgruntled fans who missed out on the launch. Still, 45000 is a bargain, especially since 75% is going to the red cross :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

question from that auction

Q: Are you serious or just extremely retarded?
    Nov-17-06
    A: Completely serious and very passionate about helping the world.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

j4vier wrote:
    ehehe no way that guy is gonna pay 19000
    poor seller that has to pay up for the fees in advance, it always takes time to solve a non payment dispute

If he was selling concert tickets at that price he'd be called a parasite, why is touting a console ok?

A lot of ps3 auctions are being sabotaged by disgruntled fans who missed out on the launch. Still, 45000 is a bargain, especially since 75% is going to the red cross :rolleyes:

He doesnt care enough about the world to give it all to chrity though, does he.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can someone explain WHY people are even buying the consoles at such mark-ups??
    I've seen 1, maybe 2 launch games that remotely interest me -- what are the killer apps?

Also, stupid Japs buying into yet another sh!tty Gundam game -- why are they sooo predictable??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

god's toy wrote:

God thats nice him giving 75% to charity, leaving him only 125 grand for himself...

• Advertisement

You gotta love his big heart don't ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

the seller from the orginal link says this:
    I have 2 specific rules for bidding on this auction: No negative or zero feedback bidders please. I never do that, but this is a sensitive and rare item, so no zero or negative bidders. Your bids will be cancelled

the guy has no feedback.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

God damn. I would've loved to sell one on eBay.

I guess I can wait about 5 years for another shortage of a new console. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'll see your $500,000 and raise you by $500,000.

Dear Jebus:eek: :eek:

Holy mother of God, nuts!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

drevil_million_dollars.jpg

In fairness, whoever has a million to blow on a console could have hired someone to wait in line for a week. Does anyone know what the highest price one has actually changed hands for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

For only $1million, that's a real bargain that is. Someone should snap that one up.

$89,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

the seller from the orginal link says this:
    I have 2 specific rules for bidding on this auction: No negative or zero feedback bidders please. I never do that, but this is a sensitive and rare item, so no zero or negative bidders. Your bids will be cancelled

the guy has no feedback.........

yeah but if you check the bidding history, 2nd place has a 94 and bid up to 18k i think . Crazy:eek:

robinph wrote:
    For only $1million, that's a real bargain that is. Someone should snap that one up.

$89,000,000
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I just read on Google news that ebay has sold 20,000 PS3s already!!

Avg. price $1,400

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It seems that there are some real bargains to be had out there though, although only if you don't live in Boston then you'll have to pay for your own shipping:

PS3 going real cheap
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i got mine for $1080 including two games, so not bad
    on the downside ups shipping just rang to tell me i owe another €160 in god damned duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

this one for 850 ono thats around the same as what you paid maybe cheaper, Its in Dublin too so no duty ect. Its a US system.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140066641847&rd=1&rd=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Okay. There is a search feature in e-bay.

This thread was valid and could remain valid, but I'm going to start assuming that any links to systems for sale on ebay which do not have something particularly note-worthy about them is pimping their own kit. Pimping your own sales can result in a siteban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

2 PS3's with Dublin location just went for €790/€800, seller is advertising they will accept €800 and ship for free in Ireland. Somethin bout this seems a bit fishy. Its an Irish (PAL) version?? And a free game! (Doesnt state what game tho hmmm.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130059098802&category=11328&sspagename=rvi:1:2v_buy

Advertisement