Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Layout problems

Options
  • 17-11-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I know I should produce a simple sample page for you exhibiting my problem so you don't have to wade through miles of code, but I hope you will forgive me for not doing so in this case, as I'm not exactly sure what part of my code is causing the problem.

http://www.mathsoc.com

Okay, here's the problem. It looks perfect in Firefox, but IE is not displaying it correctly.

(1) The horizontal top navbar is a few pixels bigger than it should be (in the vertical direction), going past the background pic.

(2) After the background image in the left sidebar ends the background is supposed to be transparent so you can see a second background image (repeated) which should come-through from the Body. It doesn't show.

It would probably be best if you could look at the site in both Firefox and IE to see the differences I am talking about.

Thank you very much!
    Don't spend too long trying to work it out though - if you can't figure it out in a few minutes, don't worry about it... I don't want you wasting ages on this! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Well just so you know, it looks perfect in IE7 when compared to FF, so presumably its only IE6, in which case you're probably better off not changing it as 7 is on the way in now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

Heh, okay, thanks :)

Well at least they've fixed whatever bug in IE was causing the problem, then.

Advertisement