Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

indigo mail reboots PC!

• 17-11-2006 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here using a indigo mail account?

Every time I access it today it reboots my PC, at first I thought it was Opera mail client playing up but I have two mail accounts and the UTV one works fine.

Its not such a big deal as the indigo account is hardly used, UTV is my default account.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Really doubt a mail account is causing your pc to reboot, perhaps try a different mail client if you believe it is?

Portable Thunderbird would be the easiest to setup quickly and test

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Any chance it's a dogy email ?

check that patches and AV and malwae are up to date.

can you see it with webmail
    if so try a different browser

Outlook Express used to have this wonderful habbit of Opening any .EML attachment and handing complete control of your machine to it. And on an unpatched machine any number of vulnerabilities can be coded into images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did install another Opera (8.54) seperatly and the same happened. Wil try another client later.

Mike.

Tried Thunderbird, set up indigo acc and it downloaded 2 e-mails before crashing on the third. Whole system froze.

Whatever that 3rd mail is - its nasty!

Ran virus check and have done malware/adware etc. Nothing.

Its fair to say I will not be using that mail POP again.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

can you delete without downloading it - header only ?

anyone know a handy text based app that will allow you to delete an email without having to view pictures or attachments ?

• Advertisement

Jasus! I'm sick of crashing my PC! :D

I just tried mail2web to see what would happen and it simply refused to
    accept the account name and password. I reallly need an indigo mail users input, maybe the whole systems borked at this stage.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Google for 'Magic mail monitor' it will give you header only info and an ability to delete the mail directly from the server.

Cal.

Got it and it won't/can't connect but not certain if I have the HOST dialogue set up correct - should HOST be gofree.indigo.ie or full acc name or something else?

Edit figured it out. The first mail was from Athens financial blah blah blah (who have been sending lots of sh1te - it was 2.4 MBs!

Mike.

Just sent myself a mail from utv to indigo acc and it worked fine. "Crisis" over. Will put a block on Athens with filter.

Mike.

Advertisement