Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elfen Lied

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Anime Network put up the contact numbers for the National Association for People Abused in Childhood and Rape Crisis at the end of Elfen Lied.

It was the episode that dealt with Mayu's troubled past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

yeah I saw that. Surprised me, but I guess appropriate

. All the nakedness just seems like plain fanboyism

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone say that. The nudity in Elfen Lied seems to have very little to do with sex if you ask me.
    it was marred by the fact that everything else seemed to be directly from a 13 year old boy's wet dream.

Again...new statement regarding this anime
    the opening was pretty nice.

saddest opening ever. Sad show. This and FMA, get me everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i thought it was good.
    the one where the puppy is clubbed to death is so sad. wtf was wrong with those kids!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I know. DX
    And it was all Lucy's 'friend's' fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

that was so sad :(. but seriously what was wrong with them?

i love the song from the music box

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

GWolf wrote:
    I can honestly say I've never heard anyone say that. The nudity in Elfen Lied seems to have very little to do with sex if you ask me.

Again...new statement regarding this anime

Im am not quite sure what the originality of comments has to do with anything but alot of people in this thread: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37790 echo what I said. Oh and I think that you misunderstood my comment on the opening: by nice I meant I liked it. I was not commenting on the content of the music.

Most peopel I know who don;t like it say the violence and the abuse is a lot to deal with. Which is true. I;ve jut never heard someone say the kinda things I've heard said about animes like Battle Vixens or Love Hina or stuff like that when talking about Elfen Lied. It;s a new experence for me

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

GWolf wrote:
    Most peopel I know who don;t like it say the violence and the abuse is a lot to deal with. Which is true. I;ve jut never heard someone say the kinda things I've heard said about animes like Battle Vixens or Love Hina or stuff like that when talking about Elfen Lied.

The violence and abuse I can deal with. Its intrict plot, themes and characters of the show, and it is a horror anime after all. The excessive nudity, seemed to me, to be put in to increase sales and for no other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

lol i just read the manga version of it, very different. they cut out almost all the jokes. if you really liked the amnie read the manga, its worth it. esp since the story is concerning more about destroying humanity than about romance

• Advertisement
Advertisement