Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK import documentation

Options
  • 17-11-2006 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am proposing to buy a 00 car tomorrow that was recently imported form the uk, the vrt on the vehicle has been paid, I am just wondering what documentation the owner should have?

would he have a log book for the car?
    don't want to be decieved by a possible dodgy deal!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If the car has been taxed here then the seller should have the VLC (Vehicle Licensing Certificate). If the car has not yet been taxed here then the seller will have a completed form RF100, along with a receipt for payment of VRT from the VRO (Vehicle Registration Office).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

-oRnein9- In case the seller is telling you porky pies about the log book being in the post etc., for referance I bought a car up the north last Sat. (11th.) paid the VRT on it on Monday (13th.!) they gave me a reciept and the last carbon page of the VRT form which was stamped by them so that I could tax the car on Tuesday (14th.) and the new Registration certificate arrived in the post this morning, Friday (17th.)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Am I right in saying that the new regisration cert follows once you tax the vehicle??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Am I right in saying that the new regisration cert follows once you tax the vehicle??

Yep!

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement