Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA's Prime Time Impact (contains spoilers)

• 17-11-2006 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So what did you make of the show that TNA have been hyping up for weeks? I actually thought it was the best wrestling show I've seen in a long time.

The Christian Cage/Rhino match was excellent and really exceeded my expectations. It really came off like a war and both guys came out of it strong.

Kurt Angle's debut against Abyss was great too although the fans had a big part in that as they were up for it in a big way. Abyss tapping was cool and I still don't know how Joe/Angle will go...

I also loved Sting's entrance from the rafters and felt it was a nice touch.

Some of the stuff I didn't like such as this VKM gimmick which I think is a bit silly considering TNA need to attract casual fans not turn on their favourite acts like DX. (Also I thought the James gang had quit? :rolleyes: )

As well as that, another X division title change devalues the belt in my opinion.

Overall though I liked the show and I'd give it a thumbs up. What did you all make of it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As well as that, another X division title change devalues the belt in my opinion.

Overall though I liked the show and I'd give it a thumbs up. What did you all make of it?
    I agree with you on the X title. i don't no why Sabin had the title for like 2 weeks then AJ. I heard that Russo is really behind AJ .

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

ok it devaulues the belt having changed hands so frequently the last few weeks but in all honesty it has set up two very interesting matches for Genesis - Cage vs. Aj
    - Daniels vs. Sabin

personally i think there gonna be excellent matches! Russo has said in interviews that he likes Angle, Aj, Hoyt, Konnan and some1 else who i cant remember and thinks there his 5 preferred people on the roster! aj will always be TNA's Golden boy and its only right because he is a class pro who just needs a bit of work on Mic and he'll be huge!! So i dont think Russo being there would have made that much of a difference! they never leave aj without a title for too long!

Cant wait for Genesis, nearly better than bfg in my opinion
    LAX(best new tag team) vs AMW(one of the best Tag Teams ever)
    Cage vs Aj - very interesting match
    Daniels vs Sabin - two vets in X division - excellent match
    Angle vs Joe - oh the roof is gonna blow of the impact zone with this one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

From the Wrestling Observer...
    Rating for TNA Impact special was a

I imagine that's a pretty big disappointment considering how heavily hyped it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I thought it was fairly good, the Cage match was one of the matches of the year, I just found the hype videos for the wrestlers a little annoying. I know exactly why they had to do that but it annoyed me. 1.0 isn't that bad really, if it had stayed at .8 there would be problems.

Still it was 1,000,000 X infinity times better than last weeks Raw is DX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

There was just way too much happening on the show. And the important stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

In the first 10 minutes of the show there were 14 people on tv. And I wouldn't have started my first show on prime time with Eric Young either. Not exactly what I'd call a hook.

I thought the ending was goofy too.

Joe and Angle never needed to touch before the ppv. Never mind multiple times. It was the only match in wrestling in 2006 that didn't need an angle.

The crowd was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Is Genesis going to be on anywhere?
    Eurosport?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Gillie wrote:
    Is Genesis going to be on anywhere?
    Eurosport?

Should be on TWC next Sunday.

Advertisement