Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! Spilt beer on my laptop... :(

• 17-11-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

Hi,

Last night I spilt some Corona on my laptop. Now it won't switch on... :(

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Has this ever happened to you?

I don't know what to do... :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i spillt Milk all over the keyboard of mine about a year ago..........was lucky,it didnt reach actually computer parts[processer etc]
    but still had to pay 200 for a new keyboard.............

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bit late now but -

Immediately remove power and battery - don't wait to switch off or shutdown !

then remove the moisture with tissues

put upside down so stuff don't get onto motherboard

don't use hairdryer or forced drying

Model ?

Oh not Corona! That's the worst! If it had of been budweiser you would've gotten away with it, but Corona is just so much worse!

(sarc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hi,

Simple- buy more beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

Hi,

you maybe covered on your home insurance if you're lucky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hi,

Did i not read a thread somewhere last week with you saying you'd given up drinking???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Remove all drives and stuff - but it's probably the motherboard :(

What type / model / how old ?

Both ALDI and LIDL will be doing cheap and chearful laptops soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

with what?3 week warrantys???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Simple- buy more beer!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

The other day I was balancing a tray with my breakfast on it and my laptop. I spilt coffe on it!!

The laptop powered off but after a bit of vacuuming and taking out the battery and positioning it so the fluid would flow to the bottom of the gap.

Its fine now

• Advertisement

with what?3 week warrantys???
    You are thinking of DELL's 90 day
    The German discounters offer 3 years, and the support call for a replacement power supply was less painful than the normal Dell call centre experiance. BTW: dell are opeing new call centeres in Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You are thinking of DELL's 90 day
    The German discounters offer 3 years, and the support call for a replacement power supply was less painful than the normal Dell call centre experiance. BTW: dell are opeing new call centeres in Scotland.
    2 or 3 years. At any rate, always better.

They're opening lines in Shannon too it seems (Using a 3rd party).

Advertisement