Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape 2006 - Gap -> L'Alpe d'Huez

Options
  • 17-11-2006 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭

Got the DVD in the post this evening.

Mmmm nice. I like watching people suffer. Good clear camera work. A nice clear day and beautiful scenery.

Commentary in French and most of the cyclists speak French. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Would it be illegal to make me a copy? Would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Oooh me too ! I took part in that. Is the DVD worth getting ? I have the 2004 one and its really a short 15 minute promo, whats the running time on this one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Video extracts here …….
    http://www.sud-production.fr/sudprod/demos/etape_du_tour/etape_du_tour_2006_video_05.htm There are eight video clips from the DVD on the site.

If you click the link at the bottom of the video clip you will get ….
    http://www.azc.fr/votre-dvd/index.html?lang=fr&target=about.html

And its €22 + €6 postage

DVD is about 90 minutes.

There are a lot of “interviews” with people from SRAM, Adidas, Shimano, Giant. And descriptions of the scenery and the attractions in the region. I guess that is how they paid for the production.

I remember your great report Quigs. It was a classic.

On the DVD they ask the nationalities of some of the cyclists. One guy says “Oirish:)

I viewed it on Friday evening and again on Saturday morning, then dropped it off to my brother. I did the Wicklow 100, he did the 200 this year, and he was talking about doing the Etape sometime.

Sorry guys, I won’t be making copies. I’m assuming you all ride €5,000 carbon bikes and can afford the €28.

Advertisement