Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapping sandpaper: Where?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some 2000 grit (or 10 micron) sandpaper around dublin? I swear i've been to every motor factors in Dublin. The closest I can find is 1500 which isn't good enough, leaves a horrible finish. Does anyone know any stockist in Ireland? Maybe an engineering suppliers or something.

The only place I can find is this bloke in the states, i'm waiting to hear back from him regarding shipping rates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Your looking in the wrong place for a start. Try somewhere like woodies or b&q. Or even a game workshop shop.

If memory serves, poggy has some, Ill send him a text and see if he can spare some for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

no I amn't. I'm guessing by that reply you haven't ACTUALLY looked in B&Q or woodies. I have, i've also checked Atlantic homecare, they do up to 600 grit as they only really supply sandpaper for paint and wood. Motor factors are the place to look as they have a variety of sandpapers for metal, but like I said they only had up to 1500 grit, they said they have never even seen 2000 grit, let alone the micron stuff.

However, it doesn't matter. I emailed the guy from easypckits (nice bloke) and he did me a deal on a few of his kits. Should have them by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hmm, I know you think motor factors are the way to go on this, but they would get their sandpaper from builder's providers. Seems like you were barking up the wrong tree. I have seen 2000 grit in a few of them.

Advertisement