Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible scary dream!

Options
  • 17-11-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I had an awful dream lastnite and i'd love if anybody could give me any explanations, here goes:

I was in a really dark bedroom in the house at the end of my road (i think it was my house) with my friend and I was holding my son. He's nearly 4 years old but in my dream he was a baby, about a month old.

He suddenly stopped breathing for no reason whatsoever and my friend calmly said "Oh, he's dead".
    I was crying, devestated, inconsolable, but I did'nt even try to call for help, resusitate him or save him. I just rocked him a bit longer and when it became too much for me to touch him I lay him on a bed and walked out of the house.

In my dream 9 hours passed (i can't recall what happened) until I summoned the courage to go back in and see him.
    I picked him up and I was crying. I began to rock him back and forth in my arms again when suddenly he started to breathe and he opened his eyes and started making baby noises.

At this point I was freaked out but happy he was alive, but then I was worried and I was saying (in my dream!) "Why didn't I come back to you sooner? I could've saved you sooner. What if you are brain damaged from lack of oxygen" etc...

I woke up from this dream crying, it really scared me and freaked me out...
    Anybody got any ideas what this could mean?

(sorry about the rambling!!) :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Just a wild shot, but do you have a 9-to-5 job and leave your son in a creche on a daily basis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭claire-g

People could spend days coming up with ideas abour what this dream means and some may be very valid, but it is only you who will be able to decipher its true meaning......it mite be an interesting excercise to get someone u really trust to come over, sit down and try and walk through your dream in present tense, and have that person ask you questions about the dream to facilitate you to really be there and facilitate you to figure out what your dream means to you, it may indeed b some fear of leaving ur child in creche but it may be something much deeper.....if you have a lot of these dreams it might be useful to go to a therapist who works with dreams and could facilitate the above better than a lay person.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Although 4, did you, or do you still worry about SIDS? Maybe this worry is carried into your dream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I am a mother of two and have had dreams where my children have got lost or turned up dead and I can completly understand the total fear, and desperation involved in this sort of dream. The only explaination I can think of is fear of making big mistakes with the children, I have been at home with my two since the second one was born and I know at the four year stage they can become quite hard at times to manage and I have at times felt that I was letting them down by not been able to understand what was going on inside their little minds, and feel the dreams were a way of reinforcing this terrible feeling. We do of course know that as parents we are learning all the time with our kids and we are not going to be perfect parents but this doesn't mean we are going to make fatal mistakes, hopfully just little ones. I hope that helps in someway and I hope the dream never comes back for you, It has to be one of the most horrible scary dreams and I remember after having them thinking I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.

Advertisement