Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams of work

Options
  • 17-11-2006 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Every so often I wake up in the morning go through my routine, go to work, do my days work and half way through the day...

I wake up to discover I was dreaming. I am physically wrecked when I wake up, I feel exhausted and feel that I really have done my day's work already. I don't think it's stress at work as for the last year I've had a great job and really enjoyed it. This has happened about three times a year since I was in school, through college and now 6 years after finishing my PhD.

Weird

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

A couple of interesting theories re dreams that might help:

As well as being used to work out and express subconscious anxieties, dreams also act as the clearing-house for interupted thoughts during the day.

For example, you're thinking about an old friend from your younger days and someone comes up to you and interupts your chain of thought, then you forget about what you were originally thinking. In that event it's quite likely you will dream about that person during your sleep the following night.

I'd say the latter is the case with you. It's significant you state that you love your job. Perhaps you are thinking a lot about your job when you go home and other domestic things keep interrupting your thoughs, creating a large 'stack' of thoughts that need to be cleared at night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Sleep on it?"

Advertisement