Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compensate for failed exam?

Options
  • 17-11-2006 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I'm in final year BSocSc, and partially under the old exam rules.
    I still get a GPA this final year though.

My question: If i fail one module exam in one of my subjects, can I compensate this if I get a very high grade in another module within the same subject, eg fail one sociology module but get a high score on all the other sociology modules now in year 3?

Or do I still have to repeat that exam?

Is the GPA caculated over ALL modules, ie one GPA for all modules in all subjects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The majority of replys you get here will be unhelpful.
    People will confidently tell you X, Y or Z.

The rules are different all over the college, the change is quite messy.
    Read your course outline, its the best for answering these questions.

Ask a class mate and a lecturer or failing that the programms office or failing that admin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

To be honest, what Kaptain said. Although, at the risk of causing a MASSIVE debate,
    flodis79 wrote:
    Is the GPA caculated over ALL modules, ie one GPA for all modules in all subjects?
    In most cases, yes. Have a look at what the Registrar's Office have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

GPA is all your modules in all subjects, you only get one (well each year anyway). You can get an E in a subject + compensate but not an F. That's the official line if you go looking + all "intro to horizons" web pages say something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Im in the same year same course and its the old system, we have christmas exams as part of semisterisation but we dont have the same exam system as the horizons folk. Its just like the past years, its all calculated the same as in our first and second years

Advertisement