Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship fixtures this weekend:

• 17-11-2006 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

Already QPR claimed a scalp against Cardiff away which is a surprise but here's the rest of the fixtures with the best saved till last. :D:D

Friday, 17 November 2006
    Cardiff v QPR, 19:45

Saturday, 18 November 2006
    Birmingham v Wolverhampton, 12:00
    Coventry v Sheff Wed, 15:00
    Crystal Palace v Barnsley, 15:00
    Hull v Stoke, 15:00
    Leeds v Southampton, 15:00
    Leicester v Preston, 15:00
    Luton v Derby, 15:00
    Southend v Plymouth, 15:00
    Sunderland v Colchester, 15:00
    West Brom v Burnley, 15:00

Sunday, 19 November 2006
    Ipswich v Norwich, 11:30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Saturday, 18 November 2006
    Birmingham v Wolverhampton, 12:00 Home
    Coventry v Sheff Wed, 15:00 Draw
    Crystal Palace v Barnsley, 15 Home
    Hull v Stoke, 15:00 Away
    Leeds v Southampton, 15:00 Home
    Leicester v Preston, 15:00 Away
    Luton v Derby, 15:00 Draw
    Southend v Plymouth, 15:00 Away
    Sunderland v Colchester, 15:00 Home
    West Brom v Burnley, 15:00 Home

Sunday, 19 November 2006
    Ipswich v Norwich, 11:30 Draw

The likely hood of getting the majority of these right is very very slim, anything can happen in the championship. I would just take getting the Leeds result right,will be a tough game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

we are trying to make this thread the thread for all champo discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

That was last week fixtures. I was just doing what they do with the Premiership fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brum 1 - 1 Wolves, near the end.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

kensutz wrote:
    That was last week fixtures. I was just doing what they do with the Premiership fixtures.

it's called the Championship Thread for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ooooh sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

kdjac can merge them.

there arent any shock results so far at half time, whats going on?!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another home defeat - this season is becoming a complete nightmare. Listening to the match it sounded like Leeds were well on top against Southampton and yet still managed to lose 3-0 at home. Looks like League One for us next season if this continues for much longer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Another good win for Stoke, 6 wins from 8, 7th place Happy Days :)
    Eagarily anticipating the midlands derby against west brom next weekend.

Stoke City Season Ticket Holder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Good result for Sunderland and Roy too, not to mention ireland! 2 goals from Elliot and 1 from Connolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

3-0 against Southampton...eugh, tough winter ahead. Consistency is whats needed at this stage, pity they not getting it at the right side of the scoreline! I still think they wont go down though, despite whats going on now, lets hope for a big change at least before the Christmas period, and then disatnce ourselves away from this mess. Not even 20 points yet...tut tut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Amazing result, and long overdue as well. We've repeatedly outclassed teams away from home and come away with nothing or only a point, so today was particularly sweet.

After Shels last night and this today, if Team Boards win tomorrow it'll be the greatest footballing weekend in my history!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Amazing result, and long overdue as well. We've repeatedly outclassed teams away from home and come away with nothing or only a point, so today was particularly sweet.

I was over at the game Joe and you lot far from outclassed us. The first half was very even, it was one moment of sloppy defending that Rasiak manged to get a goal. Leeds had the better chances with Heath missing a sitter and HEaly having a good chance as well.

For the first 25 mins of the second half we were all over you. Crowd were get into it and it looked as if we could get something from the game until yet again two mistakes got you your second goal. Crainey was left exposed down the left with two men on him and when the ball was pulled back skacel was totally unmarked because Foxe decided to go walk abouts into the centre. Was a simple tap in and heads dropped.

Third goal was totally unchallened. Up until your second goal Leeds were on top but the second goal killed the game. You lot deserved to win the match but 3-0 ws not a fair reflection. Still huge work has got to be done.

On a side note many of the Leeds fans were fighting among each other in the stands. Sad sad times at Elland road.

Kingp35 wrote:
    I was over at the game Joe and you lot far from outclassed us.

I never said we did!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I never said we did!

Sorry I must have picked you up wrong. Im still hurting as you can see :mad:

Kingp35 wrote:
    Sorry I must have picked you up wrong. Im still hurting as you can see :mad:

Yeah I just meant that because we had lost so many points away from home that we really shouldn't have, it was nice to get a comprehensive result away from home, regardless of the performance. :)

Saints website gives a rather different view of things though...

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yeah I just meant that because we had lost so many points away from home that we really shouldn't have, it was nice to get a comprehensive result away from home, regardless of the performance. :)

Well to be fair you counter attacked well all game. Leeds have such a lack of pace its not right and you exploited that every time, especially down the left hand side with Crainey being so slow.

The brother is a Southampton fan which makes this defeat even harder to take. Will just have to beat you 3-4 again when play you away :D

Kingp35 wrote:
    The brother is a Southampton fan which makes this defeat even harder to take. Will just have to beat you 3-4 again when play you away :D

Cheers, I thought I had banished that memory. :o

Just watched the highlights of the Leeds game, have you any idea why Bale was being booed Kingp35?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Just watched the highlights of the Leeds game, have you any idea why Bale was being booed Kingp35?

I dont remember Bale being booed tbh with you. Leeds fans were boing Crainey alright which started a few arguments among the Leeds fans but I dont remember any fans around me booing Bale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement