Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Heavy Metal channel

• 18-11-2006 2:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Found a nice channel on Sky Digital 368
    http://www.redemptiontv.com/x/default.html

Alot heavier than Scuzz, I find.

It runs from 6pm to 1am atm, but seems to be nice. Has concerts and interviews atm, which I find better than the video's.

Oh, and the goth presenters are all babes:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

It's a shame it only starts at 6pm, would be far better if it ran durin the day too.
    David vanian's home movie thing is class, there's some really odd **** on that.
    Pretty good chanell but last few times it's been all goth opera metal which annoys me a bit but sometimes ther's good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Thats been there ages, its mostly unsigned bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

the_syco wrote:
    Oh, and the goth presenters are all babes:cool:

Yeah, theyre nice, but some of them are very camera shy and they dont really engage in conversation with the audience. I like Red TV but feel they should add a kind of 'Headbangers Ball' program to the slot, not so much for the music, but more a regular rotational program where people can come and listen to an entertaining VJ at a certain time each week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cool, must check it out.
    Scuzz has gone to ****. It barely ever even plays average songs any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Is it on NTL??..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Cool, must check it out.
    Scuzz has gone to ****. It barely ever even plays average songs any more.

Have they started playing rap yet ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

well Limp bizkuttt features nowadays...soon...soon.

Well, imho, the best place you're going to see good metal on tv is the headbangers ball. Every tuesday at 11 on MTV2. Some seriously good ****.
    Check it out or go to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Redemption plays a lot of crap too and a lot of the stuff is repeated. I dont know how many times they've shown that bloody Doctor and the Medics gig by now. Although on the other hand I was totally chuffed to see the Nightwish gig in London that I was at last year on it once.

Is it on NTL??..........
    I couldn't find it on my NTL digital last night. Flicked through the hundreds of crap channels and nothing...

• Advertisement

I couldn't find it on my NTL digital last night. Flicked through the hundreds of crap channels and nothing...

You poor soul.

I cried myself to sleep on my bathroom floor clutching cheap cider close to my chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I.. We.. were on it, old demo and terrible.. terrible video.. but still.. entertaining to see yourself on the TV. See here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir5WeKocoBw

TK - Jekyl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nightwish wrote:
    I was totally chuffed to see the Nightwish gig in London that I was at last year on it once.
    Damn, I missed it! I've seen clips of it around the ad breaks but I've not managed to catch the actual event yet. Was it as good as you remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup redemption is a good channel, but can show it's fair amount of crap (brigade for one (that dude with the huge eyebrows from busted brothers band)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

malice_ wrote:
    Damn, I missed it! I've seen clips of it around the ad breaks but I've not managed to catch the actual event yet. Was it as good as you remember?

Yeah, definately. Its cool to see the concert from another point of view, as opposed to being thrown about at the front.

Nightwish wrote:
    Yeah, definately. Its cool to see the concert from another point of view, as opposed to being thrown about at the front.

At least you got to the front! I made the error of heading to the merchandise counter just after Tristania finished. I got talking to a couple of English girls and ended up stuck at the back for a while when Nightwish started. I managed to force myself closer but I was still a bit annoyed with myself for getting distracted from getting a good spot for the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

are hawkthorn heighs unsigned?they were on this channel the other day.......

are hawkthorn heighs unsigned?they were on this channel the other day.......
    From their official site it looks as if they are unsigned. I am of course assuming you meant Hawthorne Heights....

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Has it still got that feature about scenester girls living in some house and the antics they get up to? Called 'rock sluts' or something to that effect. I'm not making this up btw!

• Advertisement
Advertisement