Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Vs U2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

U2 will beat Oasis in nearly every conceivable scenario!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

except acting the twat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

lol, Agreed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

U2, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

neither because they are only famous for other reasons than their music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Cremo wrote:

Mmmmm i beg to differ, both bands have made some pretty good albums.

Cremo wrote:

That's the stupidest thing I have heard all week.

U2 have nothing but good albums and the albums I have of Oasis are amazing.

It's so easy to take a shot at U2 these days :rolleyes: yet if you stopped slagging Bono for one minute and actually listened to their music you would be surprised at how good they are.

erm i've listened to all u2 and oasis and i can quite honestly say if i got 10 tracks from both their catalogues combined i'd just about get an album. there'd be filler there though too.

i can see this becoming a "omgz liekz hw cnt u liek teh bands i luv dere mst b sumthing wrong wit u!!!!11" type thread....

my opinon was that both bands are famous for things other than their music, it may not be right but that's the weird and wonderful world of opinons, now strangely enough your opinon differs than mine which makes it an opinon. See how opinons can differ from person to person? Strange huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Cremo wrote:
    i can see this becoming a "omgz liekz hw cnt u liek teh bands i luv dere mst b sumthing wrong wit u!!!!11" type thread...
    I guess what you're implicating there is that us Oasis fans have no grasp of the English language or are so small minded that we use "txtspk".
    If you're willing to open your eyes just a little, you will see that the vast majority of Oasis fans are not lager louts looking for a handy punch up.

Most of us buy the albums, go to the gigs and follow the band. If there's something wrong with that, sue me.

To say that both Oasis and U2 are only known for their off stage activities is nonsense and has no basis in fact. We can argue til the cows come home about how much the bands' antics gained them noteriety but at the end of the day there are millions of people worldwide who are buying these CD's.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    At the height of their fame, their 1997 third album Be Here Now reached #1 in the UK charts and also became the fastest-selling album in chart history, with almost half a million copies sold on the first day alone. Oasis have sold more than 60 million records (including singles) worldwide. Having survived the loss of founding members and sustaining support from their loyal fan base, Oasis have managed to outlast many of their Britpop contemporaries. In 2005, the Guinness Book of World Records declared Oasis the "Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK.

There's a little more to it than tabloid theatre. As far as I'm concerned, it's your loss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Cremo wrote:
    erm i've listened to all u2 and oasis and i can quite honestly say if i got 10 tracks from both their catalogues combined i'd just about get an album. there'd be filler there though too.

i can see this becoming a "omgz liekz hw cnt u liek teh bands i luv dere mst b sumthing wrong wit u!!!!11" type thread....

my opinon was that both bands are famous for things other than their music, it may not be right but that's the weird and wonderful world of opinons, now strangely enough your opinon differs than mine which makes it an opinon. See how opinons can differ from person to person? Strange huh?

If you dont like their music thats fair enough but it certainly has no baring on your statement "neither because they are only famous for other reasons than their music" because thats just sh1te talk.

• Advertisement

look it's not ****e talk, it's my opinon like or lump it, i didn't come here saying "how can you like these bands your opinon means ****" i came here gave my opinon on a discussion board and that was it.
    I guess what you're implicating there is that us Oasis fans have no grasp of the English language or are so small minded that we use "txtspk".
    If you're willing to open your eyes just a little, you will see that the vast majority of Oasis fans are not lager louts looking for a handy punch up.

Most of us buy the albums, go to the gigs and follow the band. If there's something wrong with that, sue me.

To say that both Oasis and U2 are only known for their off stage activities is nonsense and has no basis in fact. We can argue til the cows come home about how much the bands' antics gained them noteriety but at the end of the day there are millions of people worldwide who are buying these CD's.

jesus ****ing christ get a grip.

first of all i was not suggesting that oasis fans or any other fans for that matter cannot speak - or type in this case - the english language, far from it in fact.

i've have so many similar threads here that have one person come along and disagree with the main topic of the thread and end up in a stupid argument that resembles the quote i gave!

i also know that oasis fans are not larger louts i'm not a ****ing tool, i don't think all goths drink blood, all emo's slit their wrists or that all black people love fried chicken, i'm not a ****ing stupid stereotypical prick.

fair enough you buy the albums, go to gigs and follow the band, fair play. doesn't mean there aren't people out there that don't like the band.

to quote wikipedia i find is hilarious, "if it's on wikipedia, it has to be true" :rolleyes:

they've sold 60 millon (including singles) --- fair play to the marketers

Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK. ---- opinon of the guiness book of records, it HAS to be true.

=====================================

i've drawn a line above, i want this thread to go back to it's orignal topic ie. who's going to win the battle of the - sigh - charts.

i won't be posting here again as you's obiviously can't accept a conflicting opinon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

i also know that oasis fans are not larger louts i'm not a ****ing tool, i don't think all goths drink blood, all emo's slit their wrists or that all black people love fried chicken, i'm not a ****ing stupid stereotypical prick
    Whoah, for someone who dislikes Oasis you like your expletives...
    to quote wikipedia i find is hilarious, "if it's on wikipedia, it has to be true" rolleyes.gif
    Who said this? We all know Wikipedia isn't the factual source of all life's information, but it's a handy resource. I dunno how accurate them figures are but it paints a picture which I still think is relative to the context of the thread. Your exact quote was: they are only famous for other reasons than their music.That's opinion, not fact, and I think it's fair to say that such sweeping statements are open to correction.
    they've sold 60 millon (including singles) --- fair play to the marketers
    So the Marketing & PR people recorded the album? Wow.
    Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK. ---- opinon of the guiness book of records, it HAS to be true
    So first Wikipedia, now Guinness. Do you really think this is a global conspiracy and that everyone is lying?

I'm sure if I was really arsed I could find an "official" record detailing chart sales but I doubt that'd satisfy you. I'm sure it's just easier for you to post random thoughtless garbage.

Anyway back on thread, I believe the bet was cancelled so that's about it really. How Westlife escaped negative comment thus far amazes me.

Cremo wrote:

No sh1t, people have different opinions. Wow. I could have an opinion that all music is pointless. Or that the guy from Stormbreaker is the best actor in the world. Maybe I'll say that Hitler is the most anti-racist guy in the world. And if you challenge it, I'll just get defensive and write a load of crap about opinions. Opinions can be wrong. And where exactly are you getting the d4 txtspeak bollix from???

I like U2. I like Oasis. That is how I feel. If you don't like they're music, fine - you have a strange taste IMO but it's your opinion. I don't know where you're coming from with the statement that both bands are famous for reasons other than they're music. Could you back that up or give an example?

In fact, if I understand you correctly you are implying that U2 are famous for they're charity work, or because of Bono's "ego" (everyone takes a shot at that, why not jump on the bandwagon). I know loads of U2 fans who love U2 DESPITE of that. Then again, I know people like myself. Who actually have all they're albums and love all they're music because they are GOOD songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Cremo wrote:
    That's your opinion.
    my opinon was that both bands are famous for things other than their music, it may not be right but that's the weird and wonderful world of opinons
    That is something that you are stating as fact which can be proved incorrect quite easily, particularly in U2's case since they only began their other activities when their music based fame gave them the oppurtunity to.

Your opinion is that you don't like either band, but don't let that convince you of other things that just aren't true.
    Cremo wrote:
    Most Successful Act of the Last Decade in the UK. ---- opinon of the guiness book of records, it HAS to be true.
    Again, the Guinness Book of Records doesn't base anything on opinion, if it says that a band are the most successful act of the last decade in the UK it will back that up with tour receipt figures.

Advertisement