Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

death note

Options
  • 18-11-2006 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

so anyone watch this yet seems to be very good .

link:<removed link to licensed content>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Finished the manga. Was pretty good. I really liked the mind battles between Light and L.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Haven't seen it or read the manga, but have heard very promising things about the series, i may have a look into it sometime over the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

Iv been watching the anime, havent read the manga
    Am enjoying it very much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Definatly one of the best animes I have ever seen.
    I really hope they release the movies over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i havent seen the movies just the first 7 episodes and the eight is comming out next week. its a great anamie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I never read the manga or even heard of it. But I was bored and started watching the anime series. Lucky me! :D This is one of the best anime series I've seen in a while. The battle between L and Light is so fascinating. Although I felt quite sad after watching episode 7 last week. Light really can be a right b*stard when he wants to be!

just watched 8, it reley is a good show im enjoying it i normelly dont like anamie

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Brilliant anime. I'm hooked on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I've just started getting all available episodes of this now. I'm looking forward to it from what you guys have said. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Waiting on Vols 1 & 2 to arrive from amazon. Ordered them last week on a whim really as I was looking for another series to read.

Sounds like Ragnorak. Is it?

• Advertisement

here i don't know where else to post so little help please

i don't watch much anamie so i googled it and i checked tv.com and myepisodes and ragetv and episodegude.com

i don't know where to look for info on the series are there any anamie sites with series info?

i want to know what the movies are about and if i should watch them or not i read that there where 108 issues of the manga so does that mean only 108 episodes?

"wikipedia

Death Note (デスノート, Desu Nōto?) is a Japanese manga series originally written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The series primarily centers around a high school student who decides to rid the world of evil with the help of a supernatural notebook that kills anyone whose name is written in it.

Death Note first began as a manga series first serialized by Shueisha in Weekly Shonen Jump from the first issue in December 2003 to May 2006, with 108 chapters in total. The series has been published in its entirety in 12 graphic novels in Japan. Death Note was eventually licensed for North American publication by VIZ Media,[1] and the first English language volume was released on October 4, 2005.[2] The series has been adapted into a pair of live-action films (released in Japan on June 17, 2006 and November 3, 2006 respectively),[3] and an anime series which commenced airing in Japan on October 3, 2006.[4]"

So the movies have nothing to do with the series then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, they're live action films (real people not animated).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758742/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810827/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

The cgi work done on The shinigami look awesome in the film.
    saw a trailer for it on youtube. Hopefully it gets subbed and released over here:D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Three indispensable sites for anime information:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com
    http://www.animenfo.com
    http://anidb.net

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Yeah, Anime News Network is awesome.
    I've only read a the first few chapters of the manga, and I'll be getting the full volume for Chrimbo, so when I get into the manga more, I'll probably get into the anime then.

episode 9, EPISODE 9!!!!
    you have to watch it it was brilliant i just wish TD had this show but wow episode 9 was reley reley good this is defiantly the best anamie ive seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Read Vol 1 & 2. Very impressed, not at all what I imagined it would be like.

Vols 3-6 ordered and hopefully will arrive tomorrow.

The way that L figures stuff out really reminds me of Inspector Himuro from Remote (which is prob my favourite series).

Incase anyone is interested Death note has changed its schedule
    Its now on a Wed night episode 10 is tomorrow and the rest of the episodes will follow. Im glad this show is not taking a mid season break like US shows do

Anyone see episode 10 yet? what did u guys think of it?
    I relay enjoyed it, tbh im more looking forward to new eps of this than i am new eps of scrubs

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Watched 10 last night, i have to say its been a very impressive series so far, going manga hunting now :rolleyes:

Although it has to be said the intro is absolute muck

• Advertisement

i don't think any anamie has had a good intro TBH, im glad anamies have less of that type of comedy that i hate whatever its called, u know the type of anamie comedy i mean i wish i could describe it...

Most vague post ever. :p

the weird thing where the animation changed and they express shock or disbelievment at something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Seems death note was licensed by viz:

http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2007/01_deathnote.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Where ever will I get my subbed death note now?

ye i know it sucks no live-evil subs TW has stoped aswell i saw it up in frech subs only what a load of crap. i know its on that crappy video streaming site but i hate that site and i am not going to watch it on them.

Guess ill have to wait to watch it
    how long do we have to wait now?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

*yoink* are continuing. Dunno how good a job they do though.

I'd edit that post to remove that link.
    Once a series is licensed discussion of where to obtain episodes is no longer allowed.

That download to own/rent scheme seems interesting enough, I wonder though will it only be available to those in the US. I also wonder will it be subbed or dubbed. At least there will be ongoing releases and it wont just stall completely until the dvds are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Makaveli wrote:
    I'd edit that post to remove that link.
    Once a series is licensed discussion of where to obtain episodes is no longer allowed.

That download to own/rent scheme seems interesting enough, I wonder though will it only be available to those in the US. I also wonder will it be subbed or dubbed. At least there will be ongoing releases and it wont just stall completely until the dvds are released.

It'll only be available to the US. Video on demand services are usually only available to the domestic audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Saw this pisstake of death note on the Something Awful forums. Thought it was kinda funny.

Advertisement