Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

death note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

anyone seen the newer episodes? i thought that 13 and 14 where quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Yeah things are really starting to move along now, still as engaging as ever, it really is a top class story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

A poll would be interesting now. Who are you rooting for? L or Light? :D

Has anyone watched episode 15 yet? The story is so intense I find it hard to wait for each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

Oh its gotta be Light! and yeah i've seen 15, but i also am a good bit ahead of that as I've been working through the manga but it's always great to get an episode of the anime, its lovely to see it all in colour! :p

Episode 15 was class did not see it coming at all i love this show

• Advertisement

Has anyone watched 16 yet? It was kind of clear what Light was planning to do based on what happened at the end of 15. But I'm so damn curious what his next move is now. Come on..... hurry up 17!! :D

Ye 16 was so good i cant get over it.
    Did not see that comming at all and well worth a 2nd watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has anyone watched 16 yet? It was kind of clear what Light was planning to do based on what happened at the end of 15. But I'm so damn curious what his next move is now. Come on..... hurry up 17!! :D

Lolz you'd think so, but there's nothing clear about it! I love that Lights name can be interpreted as white knight/knight of light (roughly) but there are also connections to Lucifer...so you get to decide which one best suits him and his actions...

I was thinking Light must have known that once he gave up the death note, Ryuk would find an alternative owner for the notebook. So while the deaths would stop for a little while, it was only a matter of time before the notebook ended up in the hands of someone willing to continue Lights good work :) Now what I am trying to figure out is how is he going to get another death note? Rem and Light seemed to share a meaningful glance at each other near the start of 16.... Will she come back and give Light a notebook again once he has been released? Its all so exciting :D

It seems that Light is also genuinely horrified at the murders Kira has commited. If he does get another death note how will he feel about it then if his previous memories never come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Death Note's probably the best anime i've ever watched!! Its brilliant!!
    You've gotta watch episode 10. Episode 10 is absolutey brilliant!!

I was a little confused after watching episode 16.. but thanks sesshoumaru for ur explanation of it. Light absolutely a genious!! Although he's becoming more and more evil through every episode. Well, death note is genious!!

Was a lil dissapointed to see the episode 17 was not yet released. Does anyone know when the episode 17 is goin to release?? i cant wait for it!!! I dont wanna read the manga and spoil the anime for me. I've started to love the anime! cant wait for episode 17!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Airs on a Tuesday night in Japan afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i'm only up to ep15 on this. imo this is fairly crap, its for the want of a better word uneventful. light seems to have stopped killing people, or is that taken for as given that he is still killing the masses in his spare time.

also whats up the voice for misa or the whole character for that matter. thats one thing i hate about anime, where the women are always saying "sugoi" in girly voices and drooling over the men.

that link which carl posted about light deciding whether to get mcdonalds or burger king sums up the stupidity of the logic in this show.

sme wrote:
    i'm only up to ep15 on this. imo this is fairly crap, its for the want of a better word uneventful. light seems to have stopped killing people, or is that taken for as given that he is still killing the masses in his spare time.

also whats up the voice for misa or the whole character for that matter. thats one thing i hate about anime, where the women are always saying "sugoi" in girly voices and drooling over the men.

that link which carl posted about light deciding whether to get mcdonalds or burger king sums up the stupidity of the logic in this show.

You've watched a lot of episodes for someone who doesn't enjoy the anime!!! I also read the pisstake and thought it was funny. I still think Death Note is fantastic, I can't wait to watch episode 17.

i'm just wired that way, when i start watching something i'll finish it no matter how crap it is. or could be that the last few things ive watched were super classic and death note pales in comparision./

Episode 17 of DN anyone? i thought it was good but it wasent my usual subs so things seemed a tad off ill re-watch it but man was i confused for a part of it, i was so tired last nite and still am

User45701 wrote:
    Episode 17 of DN anyone? i thought it was good but it wasent my usual subs so things seemed a tad off ill re-watch it but man was i confused for a part of it, i was so tired last nite and still am

I haven't watched it yet, but I see it was done by a group thats never fansubbed before. I might wait just a little longer for a higher quality one :)

Hmmm, There is a Death Note game comming out for the DS, i dont own a DS - are they any good?

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4391

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

User45701 wrote:
    Hmmm, There is a Death Note game comming out for the DS, i dont own a DS - are they any good?

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4391
    They're absolutely superb. BUY ONE NOW!
    Death Note is hardly a concept that will work well as a game though...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

tman wrote:
    They're absolutely superb. BUY ONE NOW!
    Death Note is hardly a concept that will work well as a game though...
    I don't know tman, the faster you scribble on the DS pad, the more people die.

With dramatic music playing, of course!

CuLT wrote:
    I don't know tman, the faster you scribble on the DS pad, the more people die.

With dramatic music playing, of course!

lol

if i hear the game is good i might pick up a 2nd hand DS

• Advertisement

just watched ep 18. after 17 being good i thought the series was picking up but this episode blows.
    company execs killing off theiir rivals how is that interesting. and the "fight" between light and L, have the animators never heard of physics, when hits the other both go flying through the air as a result. they have obviously not seen mythbusters

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

sme wrote:
    just watched ep 18. after 17 being good i thought the series was picking up but this episode blows.
    company execs killing off theiir rivals how is that interesting. and the "fight" between light and L, have the animators never heard of physics, when hits the other both go flying through the air as a result. they have obviously not seen mythbusters

you're right, its about as realistic as a note book that can kill people whose names are written in it.

you're right, its about as realistic as a note book that can kill people whose names are written in it.

thats the premise of the series which is fine, if they had started out with real world physics not applying that would have been ok. like in naruto or bleach the people can almost fly because thats central to what there stories are about, you know like fighting and stuff.

but death note, well to me anyway, seems to be about the battle between a megalomaniac, light, and they guy who has nothing better to do with his day but to try and stop him. and also some people have heartattacks along the way.

but pretty much up until this fight everything has conformed to real world physics.

the reason i don't like most anime's is the stupidity of it, the people changing animation and doing some stupid dance because they are embarrassed/scared/surprised.

With DN there is VERY little of that i think misa or light did it once it was stupid. I think that when one punched the other then the person who was punched fell over and since they are chained the other was pulled down, i don't mind the slight over exaderation of one of them being throw through the air..

Anyway cant wait for 20

Is anybody else begining to feel that this is getting too drawn out (no pun intended) and becoming boring? I wish something would just happen already. I'm getting sick of it.

so much happened!
    we cant be complaining after 2 slow episodes

By happen I mean
    Light kill L or L finish off Light
    . I really couldn't care about what's happening now and the fact
    that some corporation is killing off competition
    . It got stupid when Misa was introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Sorry if this has already been posted as i havent read the whole thread (only watched first ep so far and afraid of spoiler), but the live action movie has a english subbed R3 release, at a reasonale price £8.99 (or cheaper)

linky

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

About to watch ep 19 now, loving it. Not a good twist recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Judging from the fact that the manga is long finished, there can't be too many more episodes, it'll might even end by episode 26

Advertisement