Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

death note

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It would have been better to keep pitting the lads against each other, so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Judging from the fact that the manga is long finished, there can't be too many more episodes, it'll might even end by episode 26
    It should be a run of 37 episodes according to Ann
    26 episodes would be better tbh, but I haven't been following the manga, so there may be a hell of a lot more material to cover for all I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I love this show (I watched the first 15 episodes in one week when I found out about it), but I'm not sure about the direction its taking. I loved the L vs. Light cat and mouse games, and they seem to have taken a back seat to this corporation stuff. Come back Ryuk.... pleeeease..... theres a bag of apples in it for you!

Oh, and I still think that
    Ray Penbar's girlfriend is going to popup again at some stage..... we never saw her actually die (and her body was never found)

By the way, I managed to find the soundtrack over the weekend.... all the great music from the show is in there, from the rock tracks to the ambient tracks to the opera tracks (its very diverse). Worth hunting down....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Tell me of the location that this cd is located!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I must find that, some good music on there. I watched 17 episodes of it in one day. :o

• Advertisement

Anyone see episode 20? Is the new intro/outro part of the (animanda) fansub, or are they the new intro/outro for the series? I don't think thrash metal suits the show....

Thrash metal suits everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's a new op/end for the series. Sounds like a Japanese System of a Down to me. Also find it amusing they chose a song with English swearing in it.

Episode 20 was more interesting than the last couple. Hopefully they don't get too stupid with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Judging from the fact that the manga is long finished, there can't be too many more episodes, it'll might even end by episode 26

That expains why the new spin on the storyline sucks so much. Should have finished it around ep20 with a different ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

yeah, its starting to pick up now.
    saw 21 yesterday. Things are definatly get better.
    (hate the new intro, but the ending is ok)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been watching the whole series over the past week and am now up to date with episode 23.

It certainly did become a lot less interesting after Misa and Light lost their memories and more comedy moments sneaked in... But it's started to pick up again in the past few episodes and it should be interesting to see where they go from here.

I watched the live action film during the week.... despite looking very cheap the shinigami special effects are great... But it doesn't have the suspense of the anime at all. It takes the story up to about where the anime was in episode 10... It's pretty much the same story... especially the stuff around getting the FBI agents details and having his room bugged, but they've added a lot of stuff to do with Light having a serious girlfriend which seems a bit out of character to what we're used to.... but it works itself out well in the end.

Does anyone know how much of the story the second film covers? I watch it as well if I didn't think any of the story would be spoiled for me... I'd love to see what Rem looks like in it.

It goes all the way to the end, monkeyfudge (definite conclusion, confrontations etc.) .... they seem to have skipped the whole corporation bit, though....

I can picture the Anime ending the same way as the movie .... don't watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

TmB wrote:
    I can picture the Anime ending the same way as the movie .... don't watch it!

Just watch the second death note movie, and
    i loved the rest of the 2 movies, but i wasnt really happy with the ending. The last 20 minutes seemed a bit of a stretch of the rules of the movie, as in they introduced a load of rules not dealt with up until then in the movie. Secondly, i cant see why L wrote his own name in the deathnote. Seemed to condemn himself to an eternity of nothingness to get a few kicks. Rim sacraficing himself seemed a bit of a stretch. And lastly, maybe i just missed it, but how could L have known when Light had written his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Just watched episode 24.... jesus christ it was excellent....

Although based on what happened (plus the fact that there are at least 12 more episodes), I think it will end *very* differently to the movies (although probably the same outcome, just happening in a different way).

Unreal though.... makes up for the recent weak stretch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i haven't seen the movies yet, but given what has been written here i think i shall have to look them up.

but the series has gone to ****e, i don't understand the whole corporation angle. is it a snipe at the ruthless corporate execs in japanese industry that i just don't get? or is it that the writers saw how well the show was being received and deceided to extend it?
    most series have a lull, usually somewhere between ep13-19, due to the lack of material to fill a 24/26 ep series. death note has the same problem, the characters and storyline are just too shallow to sustain interest in this series.
    perfect examples are eps 19 and 20 where matsuda wants to show his worth and L wants misa to infiltrate the "evil" company. these 2 eps could easily have been combined into 1 episode. there was shag-all story development in these episodes. personally, i think this has got a lot worse since raitu gave up his "death god" powers, and i didn't think too much of this show to start with.

if i could point people to this link which carl originally posted, the show was bearable when all this mind game stuuf was happening. alas, now it is just a turd sandwich.

The corporation stuff ends in episode 23, and things are fantastically superbly excellently back on track in episode 24 with the best episode since "Execution".
    Ryuk and Rem are both back, Light and Misa are both Kiras (and have all their memories back), and 'L' is seriously f**ked.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I love Misa so much :( I feel so bad for her.

And the new intro is hilarious. I especially love the L spinning around eating junk-food, and Ryuk chasing the apple. The whole thing is like some ridiculous metal video. The music rocks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Episode 24 has made up for all the bad episodes in the last few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Episode 24 has made up for all the bad episodes in the last few weeks :D
    Absolutely. I was really getting sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well that was a rather odd episode...
    "you're all wet"
    :eek:
    Interested to see how they fill the remaining episodes, given the title of the next one (
    regeneration
    )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It certainly looked like it was slipping into 'yaoi' territory there for a moment.

Pretty strange episode.

Little snippets of L's youth... and Misa's little song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It certainly looked like it was slipping into 'yaoi' territory there for a moment.

Pretty strange episode.

Little snippets of L's youth... and Misa's little song too.

I was afraid there was some yaoi coming too....

Here is my theory.

L was in fact through out all of this a replacment. Not the real L and the real L was feeding him info all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well its up to episode 29 now. i thought it was getting slow for a little while but then got right back into it, Anyway if kira has Melo's name im assuming he will die at the very start of the next episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The only people who know melo's name are the japanese police officers, so if kira kills melo they will know that light is kira. So he needs to find another way of killing melo.

Well i thought that
    americanas bowing to Lord Kira's will was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

The US Death Note website is up now. They have episode 1 available to download. But of course you have to be in the US to purchase it anyways. No doubt the dvds will follow shortly.

http://deathnote.viz.com/

dubed or subed i wonder i hope its not dubed.
    Well there is only 7 more episodes anyway

Japanese audio, english subtitles.
    The DVD release will have an english audio option.

Really enjoying it lately.... the "13 days" rule has really stirred things up. :)

• Advertisement

By the way, for those who grabbed the first soundtrack a few months ago when I mentioned it, look out for part 2 of the soundtrack which was released recently (another 30 tracks) ....

Advertisement