Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

death note

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 igtica

I've not seen so much of the anime of this, but i adore reading the manga. It's such a beautiful and realistic art-style as well as a compelling story.

Is there anyone who actually likes dubbed anime?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The only good dubbed anime is Hellsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

igtica wrote:
    Is there anyone who actually likes dubbed anime?
    If it's done well then it's okay and can give you more time to appreciate the artwork.

It's very rarely done well though.

I watched an episode of Naruto on TV the other day... Naruto sounds like a post-menopausal woman in her 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Im not sure i like the way Death note is continuing on after Ls death with N who has same characteristics just younger lookin.
    Death note has a great mix of really good storyline as well been beautifully animated but now just feels like their trying to get as much air time out of the show as possible.
    The only good dubbed anime is Hellsing.

Seen hellsing ultimate dubbed and thought that it was very watchable, think i heard they had famous actors casted for the voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

If it's done well then it's okay and can give you more time to appreciate the artwork.

It's very rarely done well though.

I watched an episode of Naruto on TV the other day... Naruto sounds like a post-menopausal woman in her 50s.

it is a girl who does Naruto voice in english, AKAIK.

Evangelion had some great Dubbing work done.

• Advertisement

it is a girl who does Naruto voice in english, AKAIK.

Evangelion had some great Dubbing work done.
    Yeah... but Asuka was utterly horrific.

I met the woman who does the voice... she sounds like that in real life too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

carbonkid wrote:
    Im not sure i like the way Death note is continuing on after Ls death with N who has same characteristics just younger lookin.
    Death note has a great mix of really good storyline as well been beautifully animated but now just feels like their trying to get as much air time out of the show as possible.
    Its following the manga with the character of N, the point isn't to keep it going, N and Melo are the successors of L. L is a character that different people take on, Ryuuzaki might not even have been the first one. I find it interesting that N and Melo both display characteristics of Ryuukazi, N solves puzzles which Melo eats sweet things. Anyways the point was there is a point to it all!

...well i guess when you put it like that. I assumed that it was no longer following the manga.

Its actually been quite faithful to the manga, which is nice. I guess. I can't expect anything new having already read the manga, but there are things that you pick up on from a second look that makes it worthwhile.

Wonder if both the manga and the anime will come to an end at the same time...anime news network says theres 37eps to the series.

• Advertisement

The manga's already finished afaik.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blargg

The manga is the better of the two so far. I just can't get over how stupid Light looks when he writes the names. Anime is still pretty good though.

Loving Mello though. My favourite character in the manga, and he carried over well. Still hate Near as much as ever.

I'm looking forward to the ending. I'm just wondering if they're going to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Have the first four volumes, and looking forward to getting the rest of them.
    Watching the anime, but the mangas' always better to read, ya know?
    No fillers.
    Like that whole foot scene between L and Light.
    0_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SummerGal

I'm currently watching the anime too.

Chrysler Sebring Sedan Conveniences 2007 by Chrysler USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Looks like all of the main subbers have been issued a cease and decist from Viz media. There's gonna be a long wait before anybody subs the last 2 episodes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not quite, tman. :)

Just watched episode 36 - fantastic stuff. Tense, beautifully animated, and a terrific cliffhanger for the last episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

TmB wrote:
    Not quite, tman. :)

Just watched episode 36 - fantastic stuff. Tense, beautifully animated, and a terrific cliffhanger for the last episode!

Which subber do you use now? Without posting links of course. Animanda were really good the rest seem crap in comparison.

With 2 episodes left, who cares? :)

I got C&D. Apart from a couple of spelling mistakes, it was perfectly watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ruberia are supposed to be alright as well.
    Shame though, Animanda were doing a spot on job up until now:(

• Advertisement

The last episode is available now! To the torrents!
    Light gets owned :)

Great episode, and it ended the only way it could.

Very tasteful and cinematic outro too.... that sh1t song they usually play would have completely ruined it.

*sigh*

Now what'll I watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

loved the final episode...Very dramatic. Pity it didnt go into as much detail as the manga. But I guess it would bog down the climax.

and a bit more yaoi was hinted there near the end with light seeing L
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Great ending. Now to watch the Devil may cry anime. It better be good.

That was a beautiful ending! My brother was a bit pee'd because he wanted Light to win...to be honest so did I. :(

But it was very majestically done, I just wish Near died..I hated that little bullocks.

I'm starting Claymore now.... I liked the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I had mixed feelings about the ending. It was very well done. But I just felt Light didn't exit as gracefully as he could have. He died like a cornered animal :(

Ha.. was I the only one glad to see the pompous prick get his comeuppance?

I was glad to see that Mello's plan actually did contribute something in the end though.

Ha.. was I the only one glad to see the pompous prick get his comeuppance?

I was glad to see that Mello's plan actually did contribute something in the end though.

Don't get me wrong I hated Light but I hated Near even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Check this out: http://www.animeonline.com/index.php?page=news_details&action=details&id=102438
    Hopefully this episode will be on soon.

Advertisement