Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drink Driving

Options
  • 18-11-2006 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

With Christmas just around the corner some of you might need a gentle reminder of the devestation that drink driving can cause

http://www.texasdwi.org/jacqui.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's been posted before numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Good post. Reminds everyone of how dangerous a car is and the consequences of drink driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

Shock tactics like that are more likely to make people laugh. Like those road safety ads RTE used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Jesus. You have a strong stomach if you can laugh at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

tbh I can't see the point of those shock tatic ads either,it's not like you can scare sense into a moron.

You have to be about as sharp as a loaf of bread and totally defiant to drink and drive,and there's no hope for someone like that,which is a real shame as they are probably alright people for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What amazes me is the amount of Gardaí getting done for it with no reprimand

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ninty9er wrote:
    Care to elaborate? I only ever recall two or three being convicted of a section 49 offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Reminds yes. Deters No.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ninty9er wrote:

Don't you mean getting away with it?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement