Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vodafone mobile with good network reception in apartment

• 18-11-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my Vodafone prepaid Nokia 6020 phone for a number of reasons.

Top of my wishlist is the call reception in places with weaker coverage, which is not something easy to determine from the specs list - hence this post!

I recently bought a first floor apartment in Rathmines and discovered to my horror that my phone could not really take calls. It will go straight to voicemail half the time and the first I know about it is when I get a text in to say that someone left a voicemail when I "missed" their call. I can't really make calls on it there either, it's a bit better out on the balcony but not much.

Now I thought that this was a general coverage issue, but even my boyfriend's phone (2 year old Motorola with lots of problems - it's a disaster!) can normally take/make calls in the apartment, and a plumber noticed no coverage problems - both are with Vodafone!

So I'm hopeful that if I got a different phone things could improve for me. I am a Nokia fan, but the only brands I would probably rule out are Motorola and Siemens after very dodgy phones from them in the past.

I would really appreciate any recommendations. Is anyone else (particularly on Vodafone) able to make calls on their phones in spots (apartments, pubs etc) where their friends can have trouble? If so, I would love to know which model phone you have.

Many thanks in advance,
    fizzy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The phone with the best reception I have seen is the Vodafone V600i, it's very solid for GSM, and furthermore manages to lock onto 3G signals where other phones don't detect anything at all.

I am holding on to mine just for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Other than that, if you want to stick with Nokia, I have heard that the Nokia 6233 offers solid performance. Vodafone's version of it is the Nokia 6234, and you can buy it online (URL below) for €189. After the €120 free credit you get, it'll only cost you €69.

Can anybody who has this phone confirm?

URL: http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourphones/phonedetails.jsp;jsessionid=A59A847D1AEE9FD15D11A004431D514D?mysterons=6234&type=all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

many thanks for the tips urban - even with nobody else to back you up, i think i'll give the nokia 6234 a go - sure it would have to be an improvement! :)

i did not see the v600i in the catalogue? to be honest, most of the ones they have available seem to be nothing special when you search on the net for reviews. maybe they just make rubbish ones so that people will change every year :)

Advertisement