Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Miller's 300

Options
  • 18-11-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend this to me? I saw the film trailer last night and I reckon the GN might be worth a look even if the film isn't. The film looks cool in all fairness but very, very stylised. I absolutely love the story of the Battle of Thermopylae so I'm wondering if the GN/film will annoy me since I've heard it is, how should I put this, not the most historically accurate... Anyone out there read this?
    Thanks, Jack.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

consider it recommended.

if you like frank millars artstyle - which I do. Go have a flick in a shop if you think it's edgy then buy!

Movie good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Thanks. Teh trailer looks decent. I'll probably catch it when it comes out but I'll be taking it with a pinch of salt. I'd prefer to take a look at the GN beforehand to see if it's any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Emmett

The trailer looks fantastic and the original comics are now going for crazy money... like 100 euro a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

how is millars new comic[ge wizz batman!]going?has it come out yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Emmett wrote:
    The trailer looks fantastic and the original comics are now going for crazy money... like 100 euro a set.

They are? Really? Anyone want to buy first printings of them? I've got a set right here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement