Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Account Number

Options
  • 18-11-2006 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Trying to sign up to UTV broadband. Anyways, i was asked for my Eircom Account number and my Universal Account number.

I wrote in what I thought was the UAN on the bottom of my Eircom bill. It was basically my account number with 7 digits before it. I used this on the UTV website. Anyways, a few days ago I got a letter saying that UTV couldn't proceed as my UAN didn't match my account number.

So I rang up Eircom and they wouldn't give my my UAN as they said they couldn't give out one. Whats going on here. Are Eircom bull****ting me as they don't want me to sign up to UTV ?

Or am I wrong and my current Eircom account no is actually my UAN ?

Is there an easy way to get my UAN ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's on the top of your eircom bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

CuLT wrote:
    It's on the top of your eircom bill.

Nothing on the top I'm afraid.

Although, just at the bottom of the bill. Near the bottom, there is a line going accross the whole bill

Just above the line it says "Please do not write or stamp below this line". Below this line there a few numbers. One of the numbers is my Eircom account number. Below that there are more number and in particular an 8 digit number which is the same on each of my bills. Is that my UAN.

Its disgraceful of Eircom not to point this out BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

as far as i know, if you have never left eircom before then your eircom account no. = UAN

Advertisement