Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTN launch thread

Options
  • 18-11-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

There was a thread on this board about the launch date for CTN. Sifting through the first few pages I couldnt find it so I did a search; sure enough I didnt just imagine it there was a thread but following the link brings me to the invalid page message.

Was the thread deleted, if so why?

Im just curious because lots of events by societies, the SU, belfield FM etc are pimped on this board, is an end being put to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Far be it from me, the Spam Tard Extraordinaire, to say something like this but...

Isn't this a question more suited to a mod's PM inbox?

Anyway, if memory serves the thread began to go off-topic and ended up with people guessing the identity of the 'CTN' user so that may have had something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Hulla is off boards for the duration of his exams so a pm would get no answer, I was hoping someone else knows.
    I was wondering if anyone who read the thread would know why it was deleted and not just locked and thankfully, you did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It was deleted by crash on request of the thread starter as UCD told CTN not to have the event because they were advertising free alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Oh, thats different. So the event is cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm not sure, PM wasn't 100% clear. Think it was only the advertising of free booze that was the problem, event might still be on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement