Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 online "Port problem" plz help

Options
  • 18-11-2006 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,
    I am aware a lot of ppl are having problems getting pes6 online (sometimes the difference in budget between EA and konami shows ) But I don’t think people are have the same trouble as me.

I go to network >connect >it verifies the DNAS but then I get something that looks like this:

“Unable to transmit using UDP port 3658
    You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device, i.e router settings ect, Assign DMZ, port mapping, configure NAT table and other router settings to the console. Individual products may use unique terminology”

I have never received this before whilst trying to connect online and tried pes5 and it connect strait away, so if anyone has ant idea on how to fix this would appreciate, thanks,
    Dubteen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

isnt the port number 5739?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I know I had to open http://192.168.1.1/ to edit my router settings and port forward to my ip (run cmd + ipconfig to get your ip).

That worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

Im having the same problem as the OP and its driving me mad.
    I know I had to open http://192.168.1.1/ to edit my router settings and port forward to my ip (run cmd + ipconfig to get your ip).

That worked for me.

I have a Natopia router from Eircom so I have a different setup from you. There is no "port forward to my ip" setting. Is pinholes the same thing? I have tryed this and the same error comes up.
    Anyone with a Natopia Camen 3300 series and got any solutions?
    btw, basic langauge, i havent a clue about this side of things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.portforward.com

theres a guide for the netopia , use the azureus tutorial but sub 5739/5730 for 6881.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    www.portforward.com

theres a guide for the netopia ,

kdjac

I been on this site before am im still having problems.

KdjaCL wrote:
    use the azureus tutorial but sub 5739/5730 for 6881.

I dont understand.
    Is 5739 the correct port I should be forwarding?

Also, when I get into my routers settings page and want to enter a 'Pinhole' I get the following options come up:

Pinhole Name - (General Description, I name this as ps2 - NO PROBLEM)
    Protocol Select - TCP/UDP (Which do I choose, TCP or UDP?)
    External Port Start - (Im guessing this is were I enter the port number I want to forward, so I enter 5739?
    External Port End (Same as external port start? enter the same number, ie 5739
    Internal IP Address (I enter my ip adress, ie 192. etc..
    Internal Port (Same as external start and end? 5739?)

Am I doing anything wrong?

• Advertisement

Pinhole Name - (General Description, I name this as ps2 - NO PROBLEM)
    Protocol Select - UDP
    External Port Start - 5739
    External Port End 5739
    Internal IP Address 192.168.x.X (ps2 or PCs ip
    Internal Port 5739

Are you on Ps2 or PC?

To get your Ip go to START RUN type CMD and then IPCONFIG , if its your PS2 then i think it defaults to 192.168.1.10 <not sure

kdjac

Are you on Ps2 or PC?

To get your Ip go to START RUN type CMD and then IPCONFIG , if its your PS2 then i think it defaults to 192.168.1.10 <not sure

Im on a pc. I know how to get my ip, ive already got that. Does that mean ive everything correct? If so, do you know why it isnt working? Do you have to turnoff the modem? etc..

Kevin2006 wrote:
    Im on a pc. I know how to get my ip, ive already got that. Does that mean ive everything correct? If so, do you know why it isnt working? Do you have to turnoff the modem? etc..

if you enter above then apply or save it then yes everything is fine, ensure port 5739 is selected in PES6/settings

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    if you enter above then apply or save it then yes everything is fine, ensure port 5739 is selected in PES6/settings

kdjac

The thing is I tryed it a few days ago with those settings and the same error came up - yes, I entered 5739 into the port options in the PES6 network setting. Anything else you can think of that could be the problem? Its really annoying

Only that its not saved, does the netopia have the applied rule thing? Where if its not applied or ticked its not working.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Only that its not saved, does the netopia have the applied rule thing? Where if its not applied or ticked its not working.

kdjac

It is saved im sure.
    So you can think of nothing else? Why do you think its not working?

If the port is open to your IP and the game is set to run on that port then it should work. Ensure its your IP you enetered and not your gateway or external ip.

Also do you have a software firewall? Ensure PES5 is allowed onto internet.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    If the port is open to your IP and the game is set to run on that port then it should work. Ensure its your IP you enetered and not your gateway or external ip.

Also do you have a software firewall? Ensure PES5 is allowed onto internet.

kdjac

I think that was the problem, I just ran ipconfig to check and there was 3 types - Ip address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. I had the Default Gateway IP number entered. Hopefully it will work now. I'll post back when I try it later.

BTW, I do check to make sure i entered the right ip number?

Tryed to get online last night and it was the same story. There must be something wrong somewhere. btw, i was checking the internet setting on the ps2 and for IP Address entry etc ive them set to Auto, do you have to fill those in?

Kevin2006 wrote:
    Tryed to get online last night and it was the same story. There must be something wrong somewhere. btw, i was checking the internet setting on the ps2 and for IP Address entry etc ive them set to Auto, do you have to fill those in?

You said you were on PC :confused:

When entering the IP in the router enter the PS2s Ip if its a PS2 you want to get online.

You have a PC and a Ps2 connected to a router? yes?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

When entering the IP in the router enter the PS2s Ip if its a PS2 you want to get online.

kdjac

But what is the PS2's ip?
    You have a PC and a Ps2 connected to a router? yes?

Yes, but not at the same time. When im trying to get the ps2 online I have to disconnect the PC's net connection because there is only one coble able to go into the router. Is that the problem? Do you need the PC and the PS2 to be connected to the router at the same time?

Kevin2006 wrote:
    But what is the PS2's ip?

Yes, but not at the same time. When im trying to get the ps2 online I have to disconnect the PC's net connection because there is only one coble able to go into the router. Is that the problem? Do you need the PC and the PS2 to be connected to the router at the same time?

Can you get onto the internet on the PS2 anyway, like for other games? If so you should get your PS2s ip when on the Ps2, that must go into the port protocol as its the device using the port.

Also you should think about buying another router so both connect at the same time, i have 3 pcs a ps2 an Xbox and a Ds all internet connected, just easier no plugging crap out etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Also Kevin, that router you have looks it has an ethernet AND a USB connection. Providing you have both tyoes of cables, you should be able to connect to both PC and PS2 at the same time. (and subsequently see the PS2's IP via the Router web interface).

Can you get onto the internet on the PS2 anyway, like for other games? If so you should get your PS2s ip when on the Ps2, that must go into the port protocol as its the device using the port.

I got onto Burnout Revenge today for a while, I registered online - but when I went into a game room to play it said about not being able to connect to port 3350 or something. How would I find out the ps2's ip? Would it be on some settings page, from what I can remember there was very limited infromation on the burnout online page, just lobbys etc.

SofaKing wrote:
    Also Kevin, that router you have looks it has an ethernet AND a USB connection. Providing you have both tyoes of cables, you should be able to connect to both PC and PS2 at the same time. (and subsequently see the PS2's IP via the Router web interface).

Your right, it does have a USB connection. I have a look and see if I have a cable. Thanks

• Advertisement

Kevin2006 wrote:
    I got onto Burnout Revenge today for a while, I registered online - but when I went into a game room to play it said about not being able to connect to port 3350 or something. How would I find out the ps2's ip? Would it be on some settings page, from what I can remember there was very limited infromation on the burnout online page, just lobbys etc.

You got a network disc, its in the manual of that normally its 192.168.1.10 or 192.168.0.10 but you need to find out yours and enter that into the router.

Also Sofaking is right if you have 3300 you can hook your PC tru the USB and ps2 tru the ethernet having both on the at the same time.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    You got a network disc, its in the manual of that normally its 192.168.1.10 or 192.168.0.10 but you need to find out yours and enter that into the router.

kdjac

I never got a network disc with my slimline ps2 (if I did I must have threw it away by accident). Ive read though that you dont need it for pro evo 6, Ive got an online settings file saved to my memory card

Its in your options on the Ps2 netwrok setup part.

kdjac

I just tryed it there - I connected a USB cable from the pc to the router and disconnected the Ethernet cable, and I was disconnected from the net and couldnt get back. Do I have to change some settings to allow the pc connect though the USB?

Also, in the Pinhole entry page in my routers setup, for the 'Internal IP Address' box, is that where I enter the ps2's IP and not the pc's?

Kevin2006 wrote:
    Also, in the Pinhole entry page in my routers setup, for the 'Internal IP Address' box, is that where I enter the ps2's IP and not the pc's?

Yes.

You need to resetup your PC to use the USB, if you dont know how leave it and just get the PS2 online for now.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah, unfotunately, I think you'll have to through the installation again to get the USB drivers installed on the PC.

Best thing is to refer to your Router's manual.

But make sure you take screenshots of your DSL settings before making any config changes (just in case).

Otherwise, if you can afford it, a new Router with 4 Network ports is best, as it'll keep your USB free.

Yes.

You need to resetup your PC to use the USB, if you dont know how leave it and just get the PS2 online for now.

kdjac

Ok, Im confused here, how many IP's are there! I ran CDM and ipconfig and it tells me that my ip address is 192.168.1.5, and then I went to my routers online page and its says my IP is 192.168.1.254. Which is my real IP!! And now I want to find some ps2 IP! Im feckn lost.:confused:

1: Connect the Ps2 to the router, go online and on the PS2 check and see what the IP is.

2:Turn on PC login into router enter PS2 Ip into the pinhole.

3: Test Ps2.

OR

1: Install Modem as a USB modem, you will need your Eircom Setup cd.

2:Connect Ps2 to Ethernet and PC to USB, login into router and set ports, test it right there and then without turning off pc.

kdjac

• Advertisement

1: Connect the Ps2 to the router, go online and on the PS2 check and see what the IP is.

When you say on, where do you mean? These isnt anywhere I can check it.

Advertisement