Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 online "Port problem" plz help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im not familiar with the networking setup on the PS2.

But I assume you can go onto the PS2 setup screen (with no game disc in the machine) and there's a network menu there where you can view settings such as the IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

But I assume you can go onto the PS2 setup screen (with no game disc in the machine) and there's a network menu there where you can view settings such as the IP address.

Oh right, I'll try that and post back any result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Kevin2006

Im not familiar with the networking setup on the PS2.

No, just tryed it there today, there is nowhere to check it. I also tryed to get the ps2 ip by going online with a few other games I have - no luck.
    You got a network disc, its in the manual of that normally its 192.168.1.10 or 192.168.0.10 but you need to find out yours and enter that into the router.

I never got a network disk, I either lost it or just didnt get one with my ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Your router has a static LAN IP, typically 192.168.1.254, depending on your provider, this never changes. Then each of your client devices will be issued an IP in the same range, in theory you could have upto 253 more hosts connected i.e. 192.168.1.1-253

Sorry dont know anything about configuring the games or consoles but gonna buy PES6 and xbox360. From my experiences, if your having port forwarder problems and your running a piece of crap Netopia Router provided by Eircom, bin it and get yourself a decent Netgear.

Not sure if the game might be looking for actual WAN IP? This is a public address provided by your provider. You can see it in your router admin page.

Kevin2006 wrote:
    Ok, Im confused here, how many IP's are there! I ran CDM and ipconfig and it tells me that my ip address is 192.168.1.5, and then I went to my routers online page and its says my IP is 192.168.1.254. Which is my real IP!! And now I want to find some ps2 IP! Im feckn lost.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Anyone know how to sort this same problem out using a netopia router? Im trying to set my friend up. I've tried changing a load of settings, like port forwarding, removing firewall, how do i mess around with the DMZ and Port Mapping on that router? Its an eircom wireless one, but i am using the ethernet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PES6HELP

Ok guys I'm having a similar message and I have been having it for about 6 months now. I bought the original pes5 game and I started to get the error message like the ones mentioned above. So recently I thought I'd try buy pes6 and see if it made a difference, and quite surprisingly no it didnt.

Here is a screenshot of the exact error message..

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4150/errorpes6ld3.png

Ok now I'm going to tell you what I've tried and hopefully some of you guys can give a noob some help..

1) Turned off ALL firewalls - Didn't work

2) Logged into my ip and tried to forward the port 5739 (Below is exactly what I typed in)

Btw I'm on a Netgear WGT624

Service Name: PC (Don't know if this really matters??)
    Service Type: UDP
    Starting Port: 5739
    Ending Port: 5739
    Server IP Adress 192.(000).(0).(0)

(Didn't want to put my IP Address into forums, but when I do put my IP Address into Router settings I get this message)

''Server IP address cannot be router's LAN IP address.''

3) Tried portforward.com didn't have PES6 or any PES game specified under my router model..

4) Tried ripping my hair out and punching PC screen.. strangely that didn't work either :)

Guys seriously anything you know that I can try please tell me!

Regards

You need to create port forwarding rules for both UDP and TCP.

Also, a static IP address would be needed as your IP address may change every time you restart your computer.

Is it easy to change to a static IP?? If so can you tell me how..

Thanks for quick reply

This page will better explain static IP addressing than I ever could.

But first of all your main problem appears to be this:
    Server IP Adress 192.(000).(0).(0)

(Didn't want to put my IP Address into forums, but when I do put my IP Address into Router settings I get this message)

''Server IP address cannot be router's LAN IP address.''

I seems that in the portforwarding rule you are inputting your Router's IP address (im guessing you've been using 192.168.0.1 ?)

This is incorrect. You need to input the IP address of the device to which your forwarding the PES traffic onto ....i.e. your computer.

You can find this IP address easily enough by going to Start > Run > Command > OK and typing ipconfig /all. Your IP address will be displayed and this is the one you use in the rule you have created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The ip address you enter into the router is your pcs IP on the network not the PCs external IP.

So it probably 192.168.1.2 enter that or whatever is said in ipconfig.
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 PC internal IP
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 Gateway/router

Enter whatever is in your Ip Address box into the router. So it should be:
    Service Name: PES
    Service Type: UDP
    Starting Port: 5730
    Ending Port: 5730 /Not 5739 as the pic showed had 5730 on it
    Server IP Adress 192.168.1.2 PC internal IP ** may not be yours ipconfig will tell your internal IP

kdjac

• Advertisement

Yeh I've done what you said but I'm not sure which one it is..

Is it the one like.. fe80::14f:acff etc.?

Soz if that sounds noob :D

OMG, OMG, OMG it actually worked after about 6 months, thanks for your help.

(Well I think it has because its gone onto the page saying its on maintenance)

Soon I'm going to make a step by step guid on this so others can do it easily.

Thanks, again

No probs.

Again, if it does not work when actually connecting to a match, this may be because you have a UDP-only rule.

I really, really can't believe i'm back on here again with the same problem :mad: After 2 days of pes6 working fine I suddenly get the same error the 'Cannot transmit using UDP Port 5730'

What should I do now :(

Note your computer's IP address when running ipconfig /all from the command prompt.

Does it still match the IP address for the portforwarding rule you set up on your Router ?

Reckon your IP is changing each time you reboot.

Can you confirm that ? If so you can give your network a static ip thats entered into the router.

do ipconfig again and make sure its changing.

kdjac

Hmm no it's really odd my IP is still the same as what i've done in my router settings but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt :confused: Like the other day when I wrote the message on this forum saying it didnt work, about 2 hours after I wrote that it did work.

It's also not working now I jus tried it then, very very odd :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LILIAKU

Hi all. I have the following problem.At first i had no problems online but now i have a router( Canyon) ,I can connect and all, but with part of the players i have no connection ,you know the connections bars ?i have adiagonal bar ,and when i want to play with them it says "could not connect to opponent".
    Can somebody help me with my problem ?, it's annoying that i cannot connect only with few players..
    X-cuse my English I'm from Romania..:)

Try playing people from Romania or close , diagonal bar means couldnt get a decent response time.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

PES6HELP did you ever get the simple step by step guide done up after or has anyone got simple steps to getting this working as i want to give it a go trying to connect online with a PS2 slimline and eircom Netopia modem.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Irishchat

Ok my ps2 has its own ip & i opened up the port for pes6. i get online i can get into the lobby and chat with people. the problem starts when i go to play a game my name shows up no connection. and i cannt play a game i just disconnect. i have the port for the ps2 set up 3658 on udp... plz help

You need it set for UDP and TCP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Irishchat

o right it doesnt give me the option to add udp and tcp at the same time. so will i just another tcp and add it to my ip..... be home from college 2mro so hopefully it will work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dert

Hi, guys, I still have the same problem with PES 6 (not tried 5 and 2008)
    I'm connected to the internet through proxy and i have the same
    Unable to transmit using UDP port 5730
    You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your

connection device ie. router settings etc.
    Assign DMZ, Port Mapping, Configure NAT Table and other router settings

to the console.
    Individual products may use unique terminologie.
    I have seen already many NAT tutorials, but i have proxy... In what can be the problem???

P.S.Even when i tried to connect many times one after other i got it! BUT it only happens when it's to later (after 2:00 am or before 9:00 am) when all people in my local network is sleeping. And the connecting is terrible! I can only connect to <20% of people and ping is gigantesque (f.e. i can have <20 from Germany in counter-strike)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dert

Ah! I'll become crazy without pes6 online, 2008 sucks!! Please help me!! :mad::confused::pac:

Advertisement